Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ballantine Scotch works too.
Family history.

Hey Lad.

Hey Unc!! Now that is one I've seen but not tried.......gotts about half a big bottle The Glenlivits still at the shop for medicinal purposes.....when that evaporates perhaps I pick up a tall bottle of Ballantine......I meen I like Ballantines Ale....so why not a nice Scotch of the same name??

You would have liked Gordy.

Worked with sawmills and ended up delivering yachts on the West Coast to the South Pacific.

Lost him for 20 years. It would take a bottle.

In other news:

Peachy Carnehan could pick out Glenlevit 12 year old when offered by Rudyard Kipling.

Toliver was Peachy's middle name. But he seldom used it.

Hey Rob!

Things any better today?

Prayers buddy!
Hey Adam.
Things are different today.
Mom and dad were together for 68 years and grew up knowing each other in a small town.
At 98 there is a lot of history.
My Dad was at The Last Reunion of the Blue and Grey.
Talked to Civil War Vets.
Was in WW 2.
Lots of calls.
That generation is now gone on that side of the family.

Its very sad to see all of that history go. No matter how much of it gets written down the living memory is still the best, once gone its lost to all of us. Rest of my family don`t give a heck about past history, guess that`s why I became the holder after my grandmother passed. I spent a good deal of time with my great uncle, born in 1862 he was a living history book for me, told me things that no living person, except me, today even knows about. I have spent a good deal of time checking out what he told me and to date he was 100%.

Latest posts

Back