Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't drink Scotch ! Got so sick on it when I was 15 stihl can't drink it ! LOL Summer in Fla. living with my Aunt . LOL My first drunk too ! Had a lot of first that summer ! :rolleyes:
Had a similar experience with a friend over his Grandfather's pool room one night on his Spring break from school. Got so sick still can't drink the stuff! Same.... first time drunk '64, was 14. :dizzy:

Slacckers, letting this thread sink!! Too nice of a day to be sitting indoors posting on puters.

Yup ! Great day !
Forgetting all of life's bs , sucking up the sun :)

IMG_20140301_110617.jpg

Was down poking the stove , love that Locus !! Stuff burns like coal !!
Yeah I love locust better than Hedge(Osage Orange)
Locust grows strait and fast. Few branches.
Ring it and wait a year or so.
Bark falls off when it hits and so do most of the small branches. That's a great way to do it.

Yeah I love locust better than Hedge(Osage Orange)
Locust grows strait and fast. Few branches.
Ring it and wait a year or so.
Bark falls off when it hits and so do most of the small branches. That's a great way to do it.
Wish we had some of that Osage Orange here sounds like good stuff. Isn't that wood used a lot in the making of archery Long Bows?

Was down poking the stove , love that Locus !! Stuff burns like coal !!

The beech we have here is like that, very dense and hot burning. Any more than four good sized chunks burned in succession in a cast iron stove and you have meltdown. I have forged with it many times back home on the farm, will turn steel yellow buttery hot with air induced. Chopped up green alder is also mighty hot burning, mixed in with cubed beech it gets metal hot in a hurry, hit the bellows and you have welding temps. Sure was a relief when we converted to an electric fan when I was 10 , that`s when the Power company wired us up for 60 amp service, two 30 amp screw in fuses for the main....LOL

Latest posts

Back