Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20151031_164846.jpg

Nice and warn in the house with my Stihl cut and split wood :)

Yup , plenty of no split wood to cut , that dead stranding hardwood looked nice and dry along with the black spruce .
The fire killed hardwood needs a bit of time to dry even though it was barkless .
There's plenty of bigger dead standing spruce but it needs some splitting up.

Yep,..I like the dead standing small diameter stuff, just cut to length and burn it, no splitting and no drying needed. Stuff is hard n dry as it is and burns right off, no hissing or steaming involved.

Yep....the best wood I ever burned was standing dead, swamp killed maple. Beaver had flooded out and killed of about 20 acres of white cedar and maple. Me and my sawmill partner bulldozed a road back in to the flowage, in the middle of the winter and cut on the ice. We were there mainly for the big cedar to build a log cabin with but brought out about 20 cord of maple too. No limbs...no bark...was really pink inside and hard as hell. Burnt real hot with no smoke and the flames were blue, like coal. Good stuff that!!!!

Yep....the best wood I ever burned was standing dead, swamp killed maple. Beaver had flooded out and killed of about 20 acres of white cedar and maple. Me and my sawmill partner bulldozed a road back in to the flowage, in the middle of the winter and cut on the ice. We were there mainly for the big cedar to build a log cabin with but brought out about 20 cord of maple too. No limbs...no bark...was really pink inside and hard as hell. Burnt real hot with no smoke and the flames were blue, like coal. Good stuff that!!!!

Yessir, there is some of that in there also, stuff is real hard, I like the blue flame!

Rain got the better of me, didn`t get all the wood I cut today off loaded and piled, getting very wet so I covered it up with a tarp and wait til it stops raining.
Used " Mighty Mouse" today!!! Love that little dynamo!! Getting my strength back after a bug from Hell.....off the back meds too for 9 weeks!!
Great day down here today!! Indian Summer.....Just a magical day!! Helped me I'll tell yah!! Suppose to go all week!!

Was gonna stick round a bit , but this site is so freaking slow I can't take it !!! Had to skip many pages to get here ! May check back later see if its any better ?
TEEEEEEEE!!! How's it Brother!!!!? Missed yah!!! Makin' any knives?
Where yah been hangin'? In the Pig Pen? LOL

Yep,..I like the dead standing small diameter stuff, just cut to length and burn it, no splitting and no drying needed. Stuff is hard n dry as it is and burns right off, no hissing or steaming involved.
Mostly all I ever cut down here!! Dead standing Oak......small diameter!! Get a load in 20-30 min.!

Used " Mighty Mouse" today!!! Love that little dynamo!! Getting my strength back after a bug from Hell.....off the back meds too for 9 weeks!!
Great day down here today!! Indian Summer.....Just a magical day!! Helped me I'll tell yah!! Suppose to go all week!!

I have ran the heck out of two of mine this year, just about all I use cept the 362 if there are some big stuff, havn`t started a 044, 046 or 066 in a long spell, the wood we are in now is just small stuff. Glad to hear you are on the recovery side of that bug!

Mostly all I ever cut down here!! Dead standing Oak......small diameter!! Get a load in 20-30 min.!

Saves splitting it and it is already dry so I can just pile it away in the woodhouse. I have a lot of big stuff that needs split n piled to get to.

I have ran the heck out of two of mine this year, just about all I use cept the 362 if there are some big stuff, havn`t started a 044, 046 or 066 in a long spell, the wood we are in now is just small stuff. Glad to hear you are on the recovery side of that bug!
Thanks Jerry!! Glad to see you guys are healthy and getting in some great wood!!!
Same here....it's the 026 and 262!!!!

Latest posts

Back