Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saves splitting it and it is already dry so I can just pile it away in the woodhouse. I have a lot of big stuff that needs split n piled to get to.
I have some I save for splitting by hand in winter for exercise!! One of my favorite things to do in life!!!

Yes, Bobby I have managed to get 3 different building lots cleared lately and that amounted to 3 tandem dump truck loads of 12' long tree stems, got to get that cut into 16" stove lengths and then split n pile it for next years wood, cut at least one tandem load up at the camp on the lake also. I will be using a hydraulic splitter for the majority of this stuff....LOL

'Nuther beautiful fall day here on the Rock Bound Coast of Maine......temps headed to 65 later in the week!! Sure beats a year ago!!! Got my boiler back on line for winter......minor repairs and cleaning...finished up yesterday.

Today I guess I'll remove the roto tiller from the tractor and put the wood splitter on. Got to replace the splitter control.....failed in last years splitting....stopped popping off detent when returning and/or would start down again by itself....!!!! Pretty scary......keep ya on yer toes but scary.. Brand new Prince control sitting on the drill press table....got it from Northern....$100.00 delivered but way cheeper and less painful the finger removal....right Danny??

Good to hear from you Bobby.......Hey I never said but I did get you phone message about Lee's GTG......but it was broken up....and took me a while to figure out what you said. I was out on the island working and couldn't get a signal out to return the call.....

Not sure why , but its so slow here I get tired of waiting ! Takes for ever to get a page to load ! Not much use in sticking around when ya can't get no where .
John I have the same issue at some locations. Seems I can only get on via my phone or home. Work, where I do most of my browsing, I have to refresh each page 4-5 times. I keep trying to stop in....

Morning guys!

Beautiful day yesterday......warm...sunny

Thick O' Fog and 49 'Merican here this morning....

Jerry ...have you tried back priming the pump by way of the bar oil tube with a hand pump oil can? I've had quite a few that just lost their prime and had an air bubble that the pump flat spot was spinning in. Just a thought.....

I pressurized the oil tank and that should have primed the pump but it did not. Then I let the pressure out of the tank along with a bit of bar oil spray. Next I pulled everything but the pump and blew comp air through both ways, everything sounded clear so reassembled and tried again, still no oil to the bar. On these 025`s the oil pump is a press in fit, real mess to pull and replace especially on this one that has the plastic that holds the pump is all torn up from an oiler drive breaking at some previous point and it tore up the plastic around the pump pretty bad. I fixed that up with some JB weld and that stopped the oil leak that was there and I built up enough JB to hold the existing pump in nicely. If I pull the pump now it will likely ruin the JB weld job I did.

Page 3 !!!!!!
Time for some real Stihl life photos .

IMG_20151107_160500.jpg

IMG_20151107_174344.jpg

IMG_20151101_141723_1.jpg

IMG_20151031_164846.jpg

Latest posts

Back