Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got nothing to post about, no saw work currently. Days are short on daylight so have to work extra hard to get an outside days work done, little time or interest in building saws right now, been quite wet for cutting.

Awww....come on....life can't be that dull......time ain't even changed....yet.....headed to camp on the tide....woot woot!!!!!

Got fooled this morning.......got back from the island last night and we forgot to set the bedroom clock back an hour....got up at 3:30 instead of 4:30 like I wanted....Oh well...
Good weather over the long weekend for working on various projects at camp. Replaced the old stairs down to the beach......I think the old ones had a few more trips left in them but Unc disagreed....called 'em...."Un-Safe".....bride sided with Unc....I was outvoted so had to comply. Pics were taken on this iphone thing.....getting used to it...sorta......it's the old dog new tricks thing....First pic...Old Stairs then a couple of the New stairs....but even though the stairs are NEW they were built from the OLD 2 X 12 pressure treated top boards from my OLD dump truck.....LOL!! You know what the little birdie says????? "Cheep Cheep Cheep"

iphone 012.JPG iphone 013.JPG iphone 014.JPG

Since this is actually a "Chain Saw" forum I'll mention a chain saw "work around" I came up with.....they always say "Necessity is the mother of invention" and so it was....
I had some tree abuse to do at camp so I selected my 1983 Jonsereds 490 for the operation....took mix and bar oil, scrench etc. Started cutting but she wasn't running right....a little to lean on both H & L....went for muh tuning screw driver.....dang!! Left it at the shop and couldn't find a driver small enough....could file down a larger screw driver to fit ...maybe...but on the 490 the "T" adjust is located behind the handle and accessed through a hole the size of a tuning screw driver.....the shank of the smallest driver I had was larger than the hole.....lot of filing just to ruin a good screw driver....what to do??? As I was having another cup of coffee and looking at my options I came up with a plan.. I selected a rusty, used up 3/16" saw file.....took the temper out of the tip of the handle tang by setting it in the wood stove until red and then pounded the tip flat on a vice anvil......then a few swipes with a flat file and I had a perfect tuning screw driver.....set the 490 up correctly and gave those little spruces "What for"!!! Any way....though I'd share an easy way to get around this problem if you are ever in need.....worked way better than burning my saw up or getting cut because the idle was so high the chain wouldn't stop... You might not have a tuning driver with you but generally will always have a file along......

iphone 015.JPG iphone 018.JPG

Latest posts

Back