Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
25 is too many. I think 3-4 runner user saws and then a few collectible. Not more than 5-6 vintage runners. I personally really want a 550xpg or 241cm, 572xp, 394xp. Nothing more. That trio would handle anything.

I've come to the realization I need to build some damn saws and get rid of these box-o-projects. I think I'll pick 3-4 and ditch the rest.
Never works out, more junk saws just keep showing up. Sell and give away a dozen or more, 20 more just show up, havn`t built a saw since last winter, whole pile of saws needing building piling up....LOL

Never works out, more junk saws just keep showing up. Sell and give away a dozen or more, 20 more just show up, havn`t built a saw since last winter, whole pile of saws needing building piling up....LOL

Yep....I seem to have developed the same problem.....other than ones I repair for $$$, I've not had time to put together a personal saw in quite a while.....think Unc's 621 was the last one I did just for the enjoyment. Got quite a bunch of my personal projects that I've done all the leg work to acquire the necessary bits for but have not found the time to get to.......I'm thinking probably a dozen or more that I consider desirable enough to have.....but chitagawdamn.....can't even use the ones I do have often enough to keep them all running properly......have like 5 go to saws the rest on the shelves under the bench are all rebuilt and ready to use but don't get used.....haven't counted lately but I think 54 was the last count....all with bars and chains...wife thinks I'm should become an alchemist and learn how to turn them all into gold.....she speaks of it often too.....

Before we went there we stopped for dinner at a favorite watering hole.....love Rollie's.....stop there everytime I'm in Belfast. Our food had just arrived and so did an old friend who we haven't seen much of lately......he's the engineer on a 130 foot power mansion......did have a helipad on the back deck but the new owners canned the helo and replaced it with a 40 sailboat...fully rigged.....Vince said that was a tad tricky to get up there....had to used both onboard cranes at the same time!! Always a fun tyme at Rollies!!!

IMG_2411.JPG

The old girls at Rollies always do a damn good pour!!! I ordered The Glenlivit.....neat.....this is what she brought me.....had to take a pic before I even had a sip.....this is a $7.00 shot of top shelf 12 year Scotch and that ain't a shot glass....that's a standard rocks glass....minus the rocks!!...WOOT!!!! Had two of those!!! That's a right good serving!!!!

IMG_0679.JPG

The old girls at Rollies always do a damn good pour!!! I ordered The Glenlivit.....neat.....this is what she brought me.....had to take a pic before I even had a sip.....this is a $7.00 shot of top shelf 12 year Scotch and that ain't a shot glass....that's a standard rocks glass....minus the rocks!!...WOOT!!!! Had two of those!!! That's a right good serving!!!!

View attachment 669244
Nice tippy!

Back