Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got Hoss's feets trimed today. Then the bride and I played in the tree length pile of ash, beech, red oak, maple and a wee bit of yellow birch the rest of the afternoon....which is not long these daze!!!!
Fit & Split about a half cord of 16" firewood, about a quarter cord of 12" cookstove wood.......12" wood split fine takes a while to make a showing!!!

49SP for the win!!! It's wearing a RS chain that is worn away to just barely having teeth!!! Sharp though!! And the rakerz filed away!!! Have a brand new RS on the bench but Edward sent me a surprise buried in the pile......gobs of frozen dirt/clay and a few stones the size of footballz . Gotta get though that area with the old chain before putting on the new one. 3-4 more stems and I'll be past it!!! Click on the second pic and you'll see what I mean......got my monies worth out of that puppy!!!

IMG_0585.jpg IMG_0586.jpg

Got Hoss's feets trimed today. Then the bride and I played in the tree length pile of ash, beech, red oak, maple and a wee bit of yellow birch the rest of the afternoon....which is not long these daze!!!!
Fit & Split about a half cord of 16" firewood, about a quarter cord of 12" cookstove wood.......12" wood split fine takes a while to make a showing!!!

49SP for the win!!! It's wearing a RS chain that is worn away to just barely having teeth!!! Sharp though!! And the rakerz filed away!!! Have a brand new RS on the bench but Edward sent me a surprise buried in the pile......gobs of frozen dirt/clay and a few stones the size of footballz . Gotta get though that area with the old chain before putting on the new one. 3-4 more stems and I'll be past it!!! Click on the second pic and you'll see what I mean......got my monies worth out of that puppy!!!

View attachment 783451 View attachment 783452
Just getting good there Robin. I have an 84 dl loop like that. I love it as it's my fastest loop. Last time I cut with her I popped two teeth off...the end is near.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

I'
Just getting good there Robin. I have an 84 dl loop like that. I love it as it's my fastest loop. Last time I cut with her I popped two teeth off...the end is near.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

I'm surprised this one hasn't dropped a tooth or two yet......does cut fast but where it's cutting is pretty dirty. Dirt is frozen to the stems so not much choice but cut through it. Sometime I can roll the log with a peavey enough to be able to cut out through the dirt rather than drag it through the cut with the chain.....that helps some. Old sawmill trick......if you have a dirty logs you can't get clean, put them on the carriage with the dirtiest side down when sawing to a cant then slab off the dirty side to square. You lose a little scale but really extends the tyme between filings as "Tyme is Money" and you don't get paid for filing.....only for making tally......

What happens when GR8 5/8 bolts come loose holding the knives on your chipper?

Well you ruin the set as they bounce around and bend the one knife. Nobody was hurt so its OK I guess. Left big dents in the discharge chute. Owner was pissed.
f7c9459cc7cab22d47458cc0ba2b4045.jpg

The bride, dogs and I took a stroll down through my woodlot in back of the shop this afternoon to see what the wind damage looked like after the gales of November.
By the looks I had better start developing my ice roads this weekend. Had a scattering of broke off maples and standing dead ash all around.....maybe 10-12 stems here and there but in one place had two tall maples with the tops blown right off....snapped about halfway up....around 12' in diameter at the break. Another tree I been watching with a 20" butt split right down the center for about 8 feet....didn't come down but it's time is up! Hate cutting those split ones.....had way weird **** happen dropping those before.....need 3-4 brushed out escape routes ready!!!!:surprised3: It had been split a couple feet for the last 5 years or so....otherwise healthy. Probably about 3-4 cord total ready to come out. Will fit and split it all where it drops and forward it out with the bucket as usual.
:chainsaw:

IMG_0592.jpg IMG_0591.jpg IMG_0590.jpg IMG_0593.jpg

Yep the whole lot is fairly flat.....except the very back property line....down slopes pretty steep there but stihl the little tractor gets around on it fine as it doesn't get muddy just good solid ground.
Well you put orchards where it’s too steep to plant corn. And the edges that you can’t plant trees you can seldom drive a tractor. Lol
Lots of pulling out with chains.
Sometimes when Dave or I mow the steep orchards the mower is at a 30deg downhill from the tractor. No way to mow next to the trees on the downhill side of the trees.
A cat or log dog can get in some places. But that’s about it.

Back