Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well now.....boy what a mess........sammich tyme.....then chainsaw tyme.....no power at the shop so I put on the new RS and will be heading up to Hoss's landladys to clean that spruce up. The maple on shop will be a bit more challenging......that break is 18' off the ground....:mad:

Hoss's 'lecrical fence didnt like it much either!!!!

Power went out at 11:11 AM on genny power now at home......

IMG_0877.jpgIMG_0879.jpgIMG_0880.jpgIMG_0883.jpgIMG_0885.jpgIMG_0887.jpg

Ladder job but be careful, forethought is better than after.

Yeah I'm not much on ladder work on something like that...….I think I'll hook the tractor to it and take a strain and drop the whole tree away from the shop...just drag the broken part off the roof with the rest of the maple. All the trees on that side of the shop have to go...….those spruce have been slowly dieing off the last couple years...... I initially left that maple there to fend off any of those old spruce that might come down in a storm......just my luck....that IT would be the offender....

Yeah I'm not much on ladder work on something like that...….I think I'll hook the tractor to it and take a strain and drop the whole tree away from the shop...just drag the broken part off the roof with the rest of the maple. All the trees on that side of the shop have to go...….those spruce have been slowly dieing off the last couple years...... I initially left that maple there to fend off any of those old spruce that might come down in a storm......just my luck....that IT would be the offender....
For me that wouldn`t be much of a problem but I certainly wouldn`t shove anyone toward doing a removal off the roof and a ladder. I climb and have done hundreds of removals in close quarters, sort of specialized in that for many-many years. Tree topping and taking trees top down was an everyday type of activity but have sort of slipped away from it last couple of years. Insurance costs got really high and I am getting older so the docs say, not supposed to be even doing what I do now. They say health has nothing to do with it, just go by the number of years one has been on this planet.

For me that wouldn`t be much of a problem but I certainly wouldn`t shove anyone toward doing a removal off the roof and a ladder. I climb and have done hundreds of removals in close quarters, sort of specialized in that for many-many years. Tree topping and taking trees top down was an everyday type of activity but have sort of slipped away from it last couple of years. Insurance costs got really high and I am getting older so the docs say, not supposed to be even doing what I do now. They say health has nothing to do with it, just go by the number of years one has been on this planet.
Yep seen to many nitwits up on a ladder cutting something off and when it let go knocking the ladder out from under them!!!

I've lots of 3/4" braided nylon and a snatch block so I don't have to pull in line with the fall.....only thing I'll use the ladder for is to get the rope high enough up the tree to increase my purchase/leverage. Get Mikey to make the final cut once it gets ready to go.

Yep seen to many nitwits up on a ladder cutting something off and when it let go knocking the ladder out from under them!!!

I've lots of 3/4" braided nylon and a snatch block so I don't have to pull in line with the fall.....only thing I'll use the ladder for is to get the rope high enough up the tree to increase my purchase/leverage. Get Mikey to make the final cut once it gets ready to go.
That is a better approach, take the whole tree down since you have the space to drop it in. The trees I take top down have no place to go without hitting something it should not. Hemmed in between buildings with pools, storage buildings,fences power and communications lines , what ever. I don`t stand on ladders to cut, the ladder could get up where I needed to go without putting the spikes on. Use a ladder to get me up on the roof and cut what I could reach is what I would do, have my safety lanyard attached to catch me if I did slip. After working the high steel, erecting tower cranes and com towers and all other chores on high rise I found topping trees to be much easier.

82F and 18%.
DKa7Zb.jpg

Was going through some stuff yesterday.....and found this. Was sent as a Christmas card. Two of my most prized possessions.....25 years ago....stihl have them both...... though one is in the cellar and the other in Oregon.....Both have gone a long ways since this pic.:cheers:

View attachment 816723
??

Guess I'll try the computer...
ac80789d8193ab4777c84cadd5b3b56f.jpg

Was going through some stuff yesterday.....and found this. Was sent as a Christmas card. Two of my most prized possessions.....25 years ago....stihl have them both...... though one is in the cellar and the other in Oregon.....Both have gone a long ways since this pic.:cheers:

View attachment 816723
Thats an awesome card!

Thats an awesome card!

Thanks....I've always loved it!! Such a good shot of her!! This Oct will make 42 years of ownership of the '59 Pan Head......one of only 151 FLH Models made in 1959....had to replace the speedo at the first 100,000 miles.......had 19,260 miles on it when I bought it. I'm the second owner...original owner passed away in 1967....
Here's a pic of the entire card.....

IMG_0894.jpg

View attachment 816723
Two sweety`s there Robin, great pic and memories.

Latest posts

Back