Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cantdog
Luv the old COEs!

Had a '63 chevy van back in the late '70s, 50s all around and extra leaf springs on all four corners.

283 Corvette engine 3 on da tree, it was the only vehicle I ever owned (and I have owned some fast ones)

That would consistently pull 3- 4 foot wheelies!
HaHaHa !! A friend of mine had a 51 Ford pickup like that.....456 rears....C-6.....430 T-Bird (Lincoln) motor.....always an uneasy feeling on these narrow country roads with the headlights shining in the tree tops and you can't see where your headed.....makes a few seconds feel like forever!!!!! Van probably better.....can see anyway.....LOL!!!

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
This is the style of truck I remember, we had one, it was an ex wrecker we stripped down and made a woods truck out of it,

800px-ChevroletCMPTruck.jpg

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Kewl!

I like the old Dodge 'bambulance" behind it too!

We could pick those old military vehicles up for cheap back in the 60-70`s. Some times we just got them for towing them away. The short version of the C60 made a great woods truck, could turn them around in their own length, very handy in the woods, mount a 5 ton power takeoff winch on the front and ya had a swamp buggy.

sachsmo

sachsmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
We always caught hell 'playin in da woods'

We did have a very cool place to mud when I was a kid.

Couple square miles of old clay tile mill ponds and swamps.

**** it became a golf course.

I live right out by there now.

When we had our pond dug, I can see why we had a tile kiln in town back then.

Got down 'bout 5 - 6 feet and had nothing but blue clay!

Don't think they dug up ANY rocks or stones?

BigDaddyR

BigDaddyR

Addicted to ArboristSite
Okay. Gotta stop lazing and go yet to start up and tune a saw. Then time to set up a game/movie room downstairs. Wife was at the VFW with dad the other day eating lunch and the VFW was getting a new tv and getting rid of an older big screen for free. Our new gaming and movie room Hitachi tv:

6eqenaje.jpg

Rick

IEL

fight thread slacker
Morning guys.

I have been thinking of doing some more cutaway engines?

Did a cutaway lawn mower engine a few years back for a display at the local fair. People really liked that!

Might sacrifice one of my old skilsaw chainsaws for it..... Probably their best use.......

Sometime I would like to do a cutaway air cooled beetle engine.
THAT would be cool!

Latest posts