Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once they get the comp up around 200 lbs on those bigger saws they really need a comp release, problem is on those saws the comp release is set for too low of pressure and just pulling the saw over will cause the comp valve to close even if the saw does not start, it needs to be reset before every pull over and will close on the first roll over of the piston making it really difficult to get a good long pull on the recoil. Drop start is the only way I can start them, need to just get the piston past TDC, then with the handle all the way down to the recoil cover give it a mighty yank.

Managed to get that 028 all back together and cleaned up . Chain adjuster seems it must be missing something , needs something to hold it up from going to low in the notch , won't catch the bar to tighten the chain . Found my media cat disc , but can't tell what is pose to be in there if anything ?

Does it look like this?

!BqoJHeg!2k~$(KGrHqMH-DkEuYuS6ujPBLwQpGznUg~~_1.JPG

There might be a guide piece, think its about square with a hole straight through it for the screw to pass through. Have to go look.

Yup, there should be a guide piece with those other two parts, it fits in the channel and supports the adjuster screw.

Back