Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't yas just love it when a plan comes together!!!

Heck fellas I was weed whackin in a t shirt this afternoon cause the clover was taking over the shop!!!! Not only that, tha feller down the road was bailing hay he laid down on Saturday!!!

We have been mowing since the last of January:eek::angry:

Big difference in Latitude there Rick, but I am happy for you. I like our seasons,I am a retard but I would be lost living in a place where there was no winter.
I know right!!! we think its cold when it hits the 40's,, we have 4 seasons they just arer
more gradual and the fun ones don't last as long,,, we tend to always love fall weather here as it brings the welcome cool fronts after a long hot summer down here on the horizontal 28-29 deg. latitude

My favorite time coming up, spring everything new and green no bugs yet cooler temps

I am with you on that Chris, still a little farmer in me, spring was a busy and happy time on the farm. Much to do and things coming on fast as soon as the snow was off the fields and frost out of the ground, we hit the ground running at 4 am each day and was lucky to get back to the house by dark.

I know right!!! we think its cold when it hits the 40's,, we have 4 seasons they just arer
more gradual and the fun ones don't last as long,,, we tend to always love fall weather here as it brings the welcome cool fronts after a long hot summer down here on the horizontal 28-29 deg. latitude

I cannot take heat, maybe due to me being acclimatized to this lat and area. I did ok up on the high desert of Nevada when the daily temps reached 120 F but I would much rather temps below 80F any time. What really surprised me was that the guys from that area, born and raised there couldn`t keep up , not even close with me when it came to working. I figured they would be used to working in that heat but they packed it in early every day. Just drink plenty of fluids and take a dose of vitamins, especially vitamin B and pace onself, got through 16 days straight that way.

My youngest son moved to Phoenix to attend Golf College and UTI studying diesel motor repair. After graduation he took a job in Iraq for 2 yrs working on huge generators for the US government, 120° temps never bothered him, even when working in an enclosure, with the generator running. (The 400 gallon radiators were mounted on the roof of the enclosure to take advantage of the cooler temps). Then 9 years of working in the Arizona, Nevada, California deserts he was never bothered by the heat, drink lots of water he said. Now he's moved to North Idaho, and runs around in his Carhardt tee shirt in 35° temps with no discomfort, only change in his daily wardrobe is jeans instead of shorts. (Employers request). Shows to go you some folks have a really good thermostat, not me 70° in warm enough.

My youngest son moved to Phoenix to attend Golf College and UTI studying diesel motor repair. After graduation he took a job in Iraq for 2 yrs working on huge generators for the US government, 120° temps never bothered him, even when working in an enclosure, with the generator running. (The 400 gallon radiators were mounted on the roof of the enclosure to take advantage of the cooler temps). Then 9 years of working in the Arizona, Nevada, California deserts he was never bothered by the heat, drink lots of water he said. Now he's moved to North Idaho, and runs around in his Carhardt tee shirt in 35° temps with no discomfort, only change in his daily wardrobe is jeans instead of shorts. (Employers request). Shows to go you some folks have a really good thermostat, not me 70° in warm enough.
Not to mention the fact that he's 20 or so years younger than you, we get more sensitive as we get older, just sayin.

I have been around, worked in many places played in more but right where I am at is where I want to be, just like the seasons and don`t mind the cold. The heat plus humidity is worst for me, equatorial humidity drains my ambition badly. As long as I can sweat and have the sweat dry off me I am fine so far, in the deserts I am always dry, seldom have to seek shade and drink frequently. Find it difficult to drink enough to even need to urinate most days from mid morning til late evening, water just passes through my pores and evaporates.

Back