Surgery Tomorrow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenskip1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well, tomorrow is my big day. I am having a Robotic-Assisted Prostatectomy at Missouri Medical collage in Columbia Mo. And yes I am scared,very much so. Anyway I have been on the prostate watch list for now over 5 years. The PSA is now at 5.1. My Gleason score is now at 7. My PI-rads is now at 4. I have been offered other methods of treatment. Hormone therapy has been discussed, and so had Radiation therapy.However both of these methods take time to see if the therapy is working.With surgery the prostate is removed and hopefully all the cancer with it.It's like, if you get rid of the horse you get rid of the rider. So wish me luck. I should be fine as I am still healthy.I intend to check out the registered nurses. Get it! I never met a nurse that did not register! yes I'm trying to make a bit of humor. Anyway wish me luck, Ken

As someone with personal experience on dealing with cancer, it is never an easy thing to determine the perfect answer. Considering your test results, I think you have made the best decision under the circumstances. Good luck on your operation, and best wishes for a quick recovery.
Bob

Well, tomorrow is my big day. I am having a Robotic-Assisted Prostatectomy at Missouri Medical collage in Columbia Mo. And yes I am scared,very much so. Anyway I have been on the prostate watch list for now over 5 years. The PSA is now at 5.1. My Gleason score is now at 7. My PI-rads is now at 4. I have been offered other methods of treatment. Hormone therapy has been discussed, and so had Radiation therapy.However both of these methods take time to see if the therapy is working.With surgery the prostate is removed and hopefully all the cancer with it.It's like, if you get rid of the horse you get rid of the rider. So wish me luck. I should be fine as I am still healthy.I intend to check out the registered nurses. Get it! I never met a nurse that did not register! yes I'm trying to make a bit of humor. Anyway wish me luck, Ken
Prayers from a 2 yr stage 4 cancer survivor! You got this!!

I wish you a successful surgery and speedy recovery. I will also be having surgery tomorrow. I have to have skin grafts taken from my thighs and put on my feet. I will be thinking about you and wish you the best.

A sense of humour helps alot, poor old Bill said his nurse was not up to scratch, all the best for the op and getting a lovely nurse.

I looked up your procedure and of course the medical sites talk mostly about the benefits and when it comes to side effects they are doom and gloom. It appears it is a common surgery but still a major surgery. Hopefully it is 100 percent effective and you have a quick recovery.
I know little to nothing about prostate surgery. I know my father and grandfather had prostate surgery but neither had it completely removed. Are you in going to be able to avoid a permanent catheter?

I see you are going to the University of .
Missouri hospital. You are in good hands there. My mother's husband had a major heart issue while deer hunting about 12 years ago. The local doctors gave him basically zero chance of survival. He was flown to Columbia and they operated. The man recovered in short order and doing fine today. You are on great hands.

I pray for your successful surgery and a speedy recovery

I would have made the same choice.
Best of luck with your procedure and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

I am confident you will do well! I had my prostate removed this spring and radiation for 8 weeks over the summer. I did not have the Robot assist, but so far so good. Just had my 3 month check up and my PSA was undetectable. It's the mental challenges that are the toughest, but you are starting with the best decision of your life. You will look back someday knowing how fortunate you are, knowing you get to be with friends and family making a lifetime of memories.

Prayers sent in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth...
Both my parents were long time cancer patients survivors. Mom had it about age 52 and died of other complications at 98. Dad had surgery at 73 and died from a stroke at 91.

Well I am waiting on them to take me to the operating room and I was thinking about Ken. I was mistaken as I thought he was having surgery today also but I see now it was Monday. I see he had not posted do I hope it went well. I fully understand that posting here is the furthest from his mind now. I just hope he is doing good

Well I am waiting on them to take me to the operating room and I was thinking about Ken. I was mistaken as I thought he was having surgery today also but I see now it was Monday. I see he had not posted do I hope it went well. I fully understand that posting here is the furthest from his mind now. I just hope he is doing good
Prayers sent in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for u as well, Bill. Hope its short and sweet!

Latest posts

Back