Swingin round with ropes like monkeys! VS metal and leather!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ask woodshop. I sent them over to the east coast this last monday, they should be here soon! I am looking foward to putting an end to all this troll nonsence!

I've seen dorks in trees before. Arborists know how to deal with them. Guess some people work harder at being dumb, and some are natural. I think the originator of this thred needs to give an appology to et'al.

BTW: Spikes are the last resort and only in TDs. Unless you, like the originator of this thread is not a talented climber. :blob2: :blob2:

Master Pruner,
Jack

Smart ass no, I listen and do the work. You don't allow yourself to hear, what is being said. Somehow you think being agressive in subject will get you what you really are after, right?

Mastrer Pruner,
Jack

056 kid, I've read some of your previous posts, and you do have some knowledge of tree work, particularly with saws, but I think it was a mistake for you to start this thread in the first place. It sounds like you're trying to pick a fight. The practices most of the veterans here try to get us to follow are not only industry standard, but alot safer than spiking around with a buckstrap. You should keep an open mind, and a more humble attitude.

Where do you get that from. I have not argued with anybody on this subject, but what am i to do when people talk down on me like i am some inferior being. I really dont appreciate that kind of treatment considering you don't know me!
And i am curious, what am i after? If you are thinking attension, you are wrong! I am 17, i go to school, i enjoy each day seeing friends and having fun. If i needed attension, i think i would be else where!

056 kid said:
; I know all the jazz about safe and harmless tree climbing, but letting all your weight sit on a harness and a rope is just a bit over the top. There is no skill or talent involved with climbing any more. I climb with gaffs and a safety belt. How many folks still climb like that? How many have even done it at all? Ropes have there place but i can testify that gaffs don't cause all the damage they are apparently supposed to. My boss,(a veteran of 40 years) has climbed with gaffs and a safety belt all that time and has never killed a single tree. He has had customers that have used him time and time again. I have seen big pin oaks that he topped and trimmed years ago and they looked beautiful! Any of you guys that climb primarily climb with ropes should get 110 feet in an old poplar with 2 spikes holding you off the ground and a thick belt around your ass holding you against the tree. A bit different than being strapped to a series of ropes! ;)

For a kid going to school, should you not ask in a better manner?
I know kids are not as polite as when I went to school, but a tip:
Ask nice!
You will never find a place with more knowledge about the tree industry than collected in the persons that post here.
Learn a bit, then test and argue after.
Try not to tic everybody off.
I must say that I rally do not care who or what you are, but if you want to learn ask for facts make an opinion based on the facts + experience.

Glens, I think you solved it.

We now know a bit.
Why don't you fill in the blanks 056, that would ease the minds with some here.

TreeCo said:
It fits. Both user list VA. for location too.

Dan

Hey i said it first! Why does Glens get all the credit!

Posted by JPS-
056- Do you work for Harry? As I said in his post, I've seen cankers and decay associated with old gaff marks. I've seen tree failure due to deacy around old topping cuts.

john's right. he got it first. i just have this wierd thing about reviewing the thread backwards... :angel: but this is not mcpeak.

we have been engaged in a bit of...well, let's call it "an exchange of opinion" via PM- and suffice it to say- this is not an adult. what we have here is a (typically) excitable teen. based on his forum posts and the content of the messages i have been receiving from him (largely profanity, slurrs, and talk of violence), i was ready to write him off as a loss to humanity-BUT, he sent me a PM this morning that makes me think there may be hope for him (and us all)yet...good job kid, keep it up. humility will get you a long way in the world. :cool:

Latest posts

Back