T425 - new (?) tophandle saw from Husky?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawTroll

Information Collector
Reaction score
I found this OM dated 2008-03 and an IPL by coincidence when looking at the UK web-site.

Have anyone heard of it before?

Looks like it has a 25.4cc engine, rated at .96kW (about 1.3hp) - cute little thing, but why??? :dizzy: :confused:

Is it a Poulan in Husky dress?

Last edited:
interesting....

neither i nor any of the husky dealers in my area have heard of it.... and i cant see it on any of the other husky sites (i had a look at quite a few countries, from greece to peru)...

keep up the detective work niko:cheers:

Last edited:
GB (2-37)
DE (38-75)
FR (76-111)
NL (112-147)
ES (148-183)
PT (184-219)
IT (220-255)
RU (256-295)
GR (296-332)

...is on the cover of the manual, and probably indicate the markets it (initially) is for....

I am going to Russia in June, St Petersburg to catch the white nights, I know were the saw shop is:biggrinbounce2:I always's keep a eye open for different and cool stuff. I also cant believe how big the oaks trees are for for 60* North!The Russians have a saw they make it is modern looking lot's of plastic looks like a Partner copy? It's yellow other than that I have no clue what it is!

Last edited:
T425
attachment.php

G2500TS that I have in stock
attachment.php

attachment.php

Steve

REDMAX / ZENOAH have been in the Husqvarna Group for some time now........

Yes, should have thought of that........:)

So now we have the first Redmax in Husky dress - wonder what the next one will be?????

:censored:

Last edited:
why market a top handel saw to consumers? i didn't know weekend warriors climbed trees

I am pretty sure it won't happen in the US. :)

Stihl markets the 192 as a pro saw there, although it obviously isn't - just out of liability reasons...........

Last edited:
why market a top handel saw to consumers? i didn't know weekend warriors climbed trees

When I was growing up, almost all small saws were top handles. We used them for years without incident. Yes, you have to careful, but you have to with any saw.
BTW, none of them had chain brakes either.

I am going to Russia in June, St Petersburg to catch the white nights, I know were the saw shop is:biggrinbounce2:I always's keep a eye open for different and cool stuff. I also cant believe how big the oaks trees are for for 60* North!The Russians have a saw they make it is modern looking lot's of plastic looks like a Partner copy? It's yellow other than that I have no clue what it is!
Forgot about this old Thread or is that tread? Did not see any of the Russian saw's this time only husky's. If you do the dollar conversion their prices are about the same as Canada. So they must have the cheapest price in all of Europe.

Check out this pos, a 25cc top handle, TOTAL junk, plasticy, flexy, vibrating nasty, nasty, nasty quality, the fuel cap threads jam tight upon unscrewing or tightening, the carb held in by 2 skinny philips screws, the cylinder fins as thin as tinfoil, plastic panels brittle and thin as paper, everything about these sort of plastic sh*tters is dodgy and cheesy, the power emanating from the 0.9KW motor is so pathetic it's almost unbelievable, these things stall out within about 2 ounces of pressure on the bar - on 2 inch thick branches! No B.S. ! Why any company would produce such crap is beyond comprehension

posht.jpg

both my husky/stihl dealers went to the opening of these saws in the uk and neither where impressed....if husky wants to improve there credibility in the top handle saw market the way forward is ironing out the final faults with the 338 and not sticking a couple of rebadged peices of crap on the market...ive been told that not one single person there liked them so hopefully they might see sense and withdraw them before they do more damage to there top handle saw credability....i brought a 338 a few months ago and its a vast improvment over the 334 i owned when they first came out but it still has a few issues that could be easily solved!

posht.jpg

Ha ha ha, this poor morry minor saw is now copping a hammering pruning trees by a workmate in a forest, surprise it's lasted one day so far, he he he, it runs in a pulsing fashion, the flimsy motor seemingly expanding and contracting like a balloon, I had a go on it too, one tree was enough thanks, I'm amazed the fella did 170 trees with it, it's painfully weak in the power department, the muffler drilled the hell out of, gave a small desperately needed kick, but still the weediest, flimsiest power delivery imaginable, wonder how long the motor's gonna last, ha ha ha, it's straining in an agonizing fashion on these twigs and there's big thick branches on the horizon tomorrow, he he he, the fella will be lucky if the motor blows, at least the torture would be over ha ha ha ... maniacal laugh..

Latest posts

Back