Tach wont shut off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dougand3

dougand3

Addicted to ArboristSite
On ebay, the round edge 4 stroke tach is $5.25 USD. I've ordered one and I'll see what it reads on a 2 stroke saw. I'm guessing idle will be 5500 RPM (normal is 2750) because of spark every revolution. But IIRC, a Briggs, Kohler, Tecumseh single cyl will spark on exhaust stroke, too, so it may read double on a lawn tractor.

Bwildered

Bwildered

Tree Freak
On ebay, the round edge 4 stroke tach is $5.25 USD. I've ordered one and I'll see what it reads on a 2 stroke saw. I'm guessing idle will be 5500 RPM (normal is 2750) because of spark every revolution. But IIRC, a Briggs, Kohler, Tecumseh single cyl will spark on exhaust stroke, too, so it may read double on a lawn tractor.
I have a 2 stroke one on a industrial 4 stroke kohler engine & it reads correctly.
Ta

wde_1978

wde_1978

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
From the ad:

Integrate Tachometer and Hour meter into one, and works on any 4 stroke gas engine.
Displays Tach when engine working and Hour when engine stops working.

Specifications:
Type: Tachometer and hour meter
Waterproof grade: IP68
Resolution: 0.1HRS /30 RPMS
Rec/Display to: 99,999.9 HRS
Max RPM: 15,300
Operating temperature: Standard -30°C to +85°C

Looks like a clear case, refund or send another unit to You.

I haven't had dealings on Ebay, but from what I have seen the sellers will rather correct a wrong doing then risk a bad rating.
Try contacting the seller and point out the matter/error.

Good luck! :)

dougand3

dougand3

Addicted to ArboristSite
Email form seller. They'll make it right. They should avoid those ignores. LOL.

hi,my dear friend
Thanks for your kind message. I´m sorry for the problems.
I think maybe there was a ignore when checked the product ,pls kindly accept my apology.
My friend, could you kindly keep it in use? And we can give you a resend one or make a partial refund for compansation, is that OK for you?
Looking forward to your kind reply soon
Best regards and smile

Latest posts