Tainted wood/recovery

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mange

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have cut discs off an White beech (not sure if you callit the same) adn put aside for later. The man who I got the tree from moved the discs and now when I came tó get them they where all black, any help wanted.

Did you try sanding or planing the surfaces? Usually it comes right off and stays off if you stain or seal coat it.

It looks like it is 1cm deep in to surfice, I Used the planning tool to take off as little as possible. when I had been at it for a while it became clear, that if I want to take it off this way, I have about 3h / disk, 20 discs made me ask here for tip.
This is rare wood now around here, I regret not taking it home when I left the freinds woods.

It seems to be some sort off black mold, it has some fungus too, but not bad.

I cut them from a dead tree, that had fallen 2years ealyer, so it was dry when I cut it up. It is not dry now:(

I have put it away properly, afraid it will crack since it now is wet.

I had them standing on a north side of a building, when he moved them he layd them down without anything between them, away from the building, so rain and sun could/has goten to it.
The lack off air between them is as far as I can understand the season for the black stuff.

Back