talk me out of a top handle.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its those with weak wrists, that need to avoid top handle saws! ;)
Now, I don't have one. But, I want one, and I ain't skeered, and my wrists are fine!
:]
That's funny.
I have more than most guys who climb, the only reason I use the other than that is just to keep them running, I don't like my equipment to sit. If you have other choices as @James Miller said that's what you usually pick up, and I aint skeered and my wrist are fine too :cheers:.

the 2511t does look nice , but the only dealer for Echo around me is Farm and Fleet and they only seem to stock the 271t which I have looked at it is a pound more than the 2511t but still very light , they are considered a full service dealer but I don't consider Farm and fleet to be a full service dealer not compared to the service I get locally on Jreds

so I would be more likely to get a RedMax , my dealer has one at the shop for I think 30 dollars more than the 271t I am only looking at a 12 inch bar , if I need to cut something bigger than 6 or maybe 8 inches I will most likely grab the larger saw.

LOL making me like my little Efco more and more. Bar and chain on their way. Let me know if you decide you want the powerhead also.

for you an echo CS-271t and you can have it for the bargain basement price of 500 dollars plus actual shipping I think you will find it looks just like new ;)

now there's a heck of... a bargain! :rolleyes: I paid $289.00! for my Echo CS-271... brand new, NIB! with a full tank of fuel and a 6-pk of Echo oil...

great saw! I really like it. pops off with ease every time. runs and cuts like a mean hornet! I like my 019T, also...

if I didn't have the Echo I would get their newest version:

https://blog.shankslawn.com/echo-cs-2511t-the-lightest-gas-chainsaw-on-the-market/

about $400.00 per copy. for $500... a guy should be able to get 2 CS-271's.... :)

these light saws are fun. my 271 cuts 12" limbs with ease... bigger if I called it to task...

I said "talk me out of a top handle" because all I could see was the benefits and wanted to understand the potential negatives before I drove down to my dealer and purchased the one I keep looking at.

LOL, maybe I should start a thread in Off Topic. Talk Me Out Of A Cold Beer!

I know what the benefits are, but maybe I should hear from some :cheers: what the negatives are. lol... todate I have found none. and am about to go to my local grocery... as its on sale today. cold beer: :numberone:

I own 2 ms200t(s). Out of all the saw I own, I like running them the least. I feel they are very dangerous chainsaws. Your mileage may vary.

I thought I needed a top handle once. So I picked up a 355t. I don't climb and it didn't take long to realize it doesn't do anything better then a small rear handle saw. YMMV

while I do like my smaller cu in saws... imo, they require all the safety concerns any chain saw warrants. I am also guilty of one-handed use when wanting to cut a small diam branch or limb. too fast of speed to put the chain to the wood and it can as often as not get stuck taking the bite. can jump. I try to run mine all the time 2-handed. I don't like being in a rhythm and then the saw bites too much... and it all stops, or dies, etc...

just my: YMMV

Back