TCI Expo 2010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a year when the Canadians brought down a case of Molson Brador.

Mmmmmmmmm.​

attachment.php

I am staying at a Ramada near the convention center. Anyone know anything good in Pittsburgh? My wife and I want to see the good of the city!!! Maybe a place for a meet and greet? I would love to meet some of you.

I am staying at a Ramada near the convention center. Anyone know anything good in Pittsburgh? My wife and I want to see the good of the city!!! Maybe a place for a meet and greet? I would love to meet some of you.

The woman and I are going to the Carnegie Science Center on Saturday. I've never been there and it's geared more towards kids but I've heard good things about it.

That's about all I can say. I don't go to Pittsburgh too often.

Last edited:
Darin,

check out MT washington/ by way of the incline!! really nice view, they also have a ferry service to take you back n forth across the river.

science center is cool as is the aviary.....other than sports attractions and Primanti bros. restaurant not a whole lot thats going on!!

beware of the road construction & in downtown pittsburgh its a nightmare, prepare for gridlock, Ill prolly park over at northside & take the ferry across...watch it wont be operating that day, LOL

see you guys there!!!

LXT................

We will do all those you recommended. I appreciate you telling us!!! I will be looking forward to it. Again, I would love to meet up with a few of you. I will wear my AS gear. Currently I have a goatee (the wife likes it?) and am on the short side of a good work out routine but am not a blob either. So if any of you see me....hunt me down.

I want to meet with some of you as I feel it would be a great way to improve the site...just listening.

Talk to all of you soon.

Hey guys! I'll be there. I was at ISA back in 2004. It's a fun town. One thing I would recommend is eating at one of the Primanti Bros. restaurants. I'm from Philly and when you visit you go to Gino's or Pat's for steaks. In Pittsburgh you go to Primanti Bros. and don't forget to get the Iron City Beer with that unbelievable sandwich.:cheers:

http://www.primantibrothers.com/

I'll be there.
We try to make it a mini-vacation, so I'll be there with the wife and my 2 sons (7 & 12). They get a kick out of all the equipment on the show floor.

The kids like trying to collect souveniers from the booths on the show floor and they've lucked out in the past by being given Vermeer hardhats off the banquet tables.
While I'm in the conferences my wife take them site seeing around town.

Last time I was in Pittsburgh was '04 for the ISA and my little guy was still in a stoller . . . jeez time flies, before you know it he'll be buying us rounds at the bar ;)

I'll be driving home Thurs night and then stay at the Hampton Fri night.

I'll be wearing a white Penn State hat.

Last edited:
I'll be in Midday Thursday. My cell is 317-407-5113. By all means, ring me up. I'm on a quest to personally meet all 36,454 Arboristsite members, as well as Tree****, Tree***** and Arb****. :cheers:

I had a great time at the expo! I was there most of the day Friday and a couple hours Saturday morn. It was my first expo and I am more or less...impressed . I met alot of cool people and learned some things . I would go again in a heartbeat . HHMMMM Connecticut isn't all THAT far...

Have you ever seen so much tree gear in one place at one time?

I have a few photos, wish I had taken more. I swear, though, there were booths wall-to-wall. The Sherrill booth has swollen to 1/4 acre and I saw more innovative products this year than any other TCIA I've been to.

Given the excellent lineup of speakers this year, that Pittsburgh is a beautiful city on the river, and the weather was just crisp and perfect, I just had the best time I've ever had at an Expo.

Let me get some of those pictures together.

I really liked the tree they had set up on the floor and there was alot of cool gear to look at gllad i dont have a credit card

took a trip out there. seen some nice gear. kinda p/o they close an expo @ 1 on a sat! not many guys with one gig will take a thurs. fri. off work on a nice work week to go to a tree expo.

Latest posts

Back