teeth for Husky 346

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:confused: Who cares about that!

Anyway, my birches usually aren't very abrasive......

Maybe it's just me, but if im gonna spend good money for tools, Im gonna try to do everything I can to help keep them in good working and looking order. What does the single bumper spike hurt Saw troll?

its a 346 you dont need big dawgs. Imo if it has the smaller one then just use those, there is no reason to have big dawgs on there anyways. The bigger ones are just for show from what ive experienced.

Maybe it's just me, but if im gonna spend good money for tools, Im gonna try to do everything I can to help keep them in good working and looking order. What does the single bumper spike hurt Saw troll?

It reduces the useful bar length, and make the saw sometimes "hang up" on the log.

You can get bigger bucking spikes for that saw. It is posted on here somewhere, that the larger spikes will keep the saw from flopping on its side when put down.

I haven't quite got used to that yet. Set it down, look back and it's flopped over on its side like a fish out of water.:hmm3grin2orange:

For the way it cuts though, I can put up with that no problem.

any chance the dogs from a 357 would fit? the two saws share a clutch cover, so you could atleast do the outside one.

357 dog fits with the very slightest mod. (A touch to the grinder.) It protects the case lower a little better.

Right now I am actually running the 357 smooth dog (no teeth) on my 346 to protect the wood I am carving (as well as the saw). They also make a toothless one for the 346.

On my 339 I bought the toothed dog, but have never put it on.

Last edited:
Yep

I modified a set of 372 dogs i had lying around, but i agree the 357 dogs look like the way to go if you would have to buy them, cause they already are slotted for the tensioner screw. Just wondering, was the post about weather or not u needed them on the saw, cause I musta missed that part?

uh.........oh ya, theres no other opinion but mine, if that helps any!:poke:

Last edited:
You can get bigger bucking spikes for that saw. It is posted on here somewhere, that the larger spikes will keep the saw from flopping on its side when put down.

I haven't quite got used to that yet. Set it down, look back and it's flopped over on its side like a fish out of water.:hmm3grin2orange:

For the way it cuts though, I can put up with that no problem.

Non-issue, always was! :cheers:

Ok I'll bite

Non-issue, always was! :cheers:

Uhhhh..................well I dont know, my saw cuts like a son of a ****, but set it down and it acted like a drunk redneck in the parking lot of a bar at 2:00 am No offense intended. Might not be an issue to you, but it aggravated me to no end. Now mine has dogs and a kickstand, yours does not, no more issues for anyone!

I sure would like to have some dual dogs on my 257 and 262.

With the depth of the bark on some pine it would help with some sort of grab vs. slip all over.

Even the semi-hard woods we have here need something a little more aggresive.

Or maybe I should just learn how to use a saw:)

Bill

if you want bigger dogs on a 346 you must be mad, the only time i use the little ones my saw has is when i am up the tree and in a bad position. even cutting wood that much longer then your bar i think you need to learn to sharpen a chain cause 346's fly through the wood. bigger dogs are just going to shorten the useable length of the bar.

The first thing i did to my 346 357 and 372 was grind the dugs off leaving a bumper bar. if you need dogs on a saw with a 20 inch bar or shorter you need to go learn how to sharpen a chain. In the real world we drag our saws through the brush and limbs and there is nothin worse than a big set of teeth catching on everything.

Whats the deal?

Maybe someone can explain to me the reason why you see the post title or the OP, know you don't agree or have or want to offer any info, but still feel the need to stop by just to say...............

I think u r an idiot

Even after there was a reasonable (though obviously not universal)explanation offered. Just curious? How many saws have u bought that did not come with a spike/dog of some sort anyhow? But I'm sure if u don't use it for something it must be completely worthless to every single other soul on the face of the planet, hence its presence. Come to think of it, I have never used the front bumper on my truck either, but I'm relatively certain that for someone somewhere with a truck just like mine it has served a purpose. Maybe even some of those over-sized, custom built steel brush guards have produced only a dead deer and not a dead radiator and front clip, but what the heck would those guys know anyhow? They probably just did'nt know when to replace their brake-pads?:buttkick::poke::arg:

I'm looking for a bigger set of tits to hang on my boar hog. Anyone know where I can find some?

Says one mule from the Peanut Gallery.

Chin to sternum and ye shall find says the other.

That is if the pic in your other thread really is you!!!

:biggrinbounce2:

OK, OK, i'm done. I need a 660 day in a bad way, no dogs I promise.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back