Tell me a story about the 024!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how do you know if it's a Super, I take it it will say on the ID tag? Whats the clue? It looks like the Super has the same stroke as the 026 with 32mm but bores are 42mm &(026)44mm.

I just noticed the stroke from the 024 is 30mm and the 024 Super is 32mm.

Top cover on Super says 024AVS instead of 024AV...if that helps any.

Sh*t, now I'm going to have to get my slippers (yeah I know) on and run to the barn to confrim it has the "S". I believe it does. I guess I missed the obvious but didn't realize there was 2 versions until this evening. Thnaks:cheers:

Nope it's just the 024AV, oh well can't win em all, so what did these buggers cost new?

it's a great small saw. my uncle has 120 acres in the Catskills. Only saw he's had for over 20 yrs. and he heats with wood. makes me feel kind of silly for the collection I;ve amassed. I put the hs242 hedge trimmer attachment on mine after I started collecting 026s. I still like the 024 better, like the first girl you ever kissed, never forget how it felt....but I digress...

..... It looks like the Super has the same stroke as the 026 with 32mm but bores are 42mm &(026)44mm.

I just noticed the stroke from the 024 is 30mm and the 024 Super is 32mm.

The (42cc) 024AV is a nice saw, but lack a bit regarding power for the weight - todays version is the MS240.

Btw, the new Dolmar 420 is very close to it, in both power and weight........:rolleyes:

I have 2 of them. They respond very well to mods. A muffler mod, reassemble without base gasket, port and polish exhaust port, clean up windows in the piston and it will impress you.

Yeah I was looking at the jug today of a neighbors that is torn down right now, it looks like it could be opened a little. I will muff. mod this thing, I tore the carb off this morning and blew it out and put it back together it ran good, I went out back and cut some cookies with it, I will have to get some chain for it and the bar is not the best, but that is a cheap fix for a free saw, I'm almost scared to tell the guy the truth on what was wrong I'm afraid he'll want it back:mad: If he does I will give it back to him, I almost feel bad it's a nice saw for free.:cheers:

024 was my first Stihl saw.... purchased it with lots of hours on it... one of the best saws I've ever used!

cut loads of wood with that saw... after buying an 026 and 260.... sold 024 on ebay. that's one saw I have regretted selling.

Latest posts

Back