test drove a few today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis Cahoon said:
Slimey....you haven't got a thing on me when it comes to racing motorcycles, snowmobiles, or chainsaws. I was raised in Salinas, Ca. the hotbed of motorcycle racing and famous motorcycle racers. Doug Chandler or Ricky Graham ring a bell. I was going to Laguna Seca when you were still in your old mans shack. Ahhhhhhha! Just another BullSh!tting (know-it-all) Canadian!

90896b62.jpg
I've riden at Laguna Seca, not spectated. (With Wayne Rainey and Donny Greene). Sept 1985.

simon

you just were just too small to see over the wall, when you go home tonite to your room at your parents house, why don't you look through your autographs, you might even have one dennis signed for you.

bwalker said:
I love those evil Kenevil Leathers, Dennis. It takes balls to flat track. You ever seen the 750 cc Yamaha, two stroke flattracker that Kenny Roberts rode?
Roberts was awesome. I still think Steve Baker had more pure ability though. Kenny will be 54 on the 31st of this month. Hard to believe. I will never forget how he and Sheene hated each other. (Barry was intimidated by him). The best racing I have ever seen was the 1983 season of Spencer and Roberts. Lawson was still in the background then.

kf_tree said:
simon

you just were just too small to see over the wall, when you go home tonite to your room at your parents house, why don't you look through your autographs, you might even have one dennis signed for you.
You have to be small to roadrace. I never attended any flattrack events, I regret this. Flattrackers make the best roadracers. Kenny Roberts, Wayne Rainey, Eddie lawson, Kevin Schwantz, Randy Mamola, Freddie Spencer.
My parents are poor, they live in a camperized school-bus with a pot-bellied stove in the back. My room is aisle 5.:D

Last edited:
bwalker said:
I love those evil Kenevil Leathers, Dennis. It takes balls to flat track. You ever seen the 750 cc Yamaha, two stroke flattracker that Kenny Roberts rode?

Yes, I have Ben, but just as kool were the Kaw. 750 triples rode by Hank Scott, and Don Castro at the San Jose Mile. I will never forget the sound of those bikes. They would pass everybody on the straight-away(140mph) and get passed back in the turns. But they were so squirrely in the turns, nobody could ride them, but unreal power.
Speaking of Kenny Roberts, I raced in a heat race againist him at the indoor shorttrack races at the Cow Palace in San Francisco about 1975, and raced alot of indoor short track races up and down the west coast againist quite a few national numbered racers. Those were some of the most fun days of my life.

kf_tree said:
simon

Hahahaha! you set it up just right Ken.

There was a guy looking thru that fence one night, when someone got off and the bikes handlebar went right thru the screen and knocked him colder than a wedge. We still laugh about it to this day.
7b25e089.jpg

Last edited:
Dennis Cahoon said:
Slimey....you haven't got a thing on me when it comes to racing motorcycles, snowmobiles, or chainsaws. I was raised in Salinas, Ca. the hotbed of motorcycle racing and famous motorcycle racers. Doug Chandler or Ricky Graham ring a bell. I was going to Laguna Seca when you were still in your old mans shack. Ahhhhhhha! Just another BullSh!tting (know-it-all) Canadian!

90896b62.jpg

Why no gloves there speed racer? KF how much rain you get lastnight?

Dennis Cahoon said:
Yes, I have Ben, but just as kool were the Kaw. 750 triples rode by Hank Scott, and Don Castro at the San Jose Mile. I will never forget the sound of those bikes. They would pass everybody on the straight-away(140mph) and get passed back in the turns. But they were so squirrely in the turns, nobody could ride them, but unreal power.
Speaking of Kenny Roberts, I raced in a heat race againist him at the indoor shorttrack races at the Cow Palace in San Francisco about 1975, and raced alot of indoor short track races up and down the west coast againist quite a few national numbered racers. Those were some of the most fun days of my life.
I'm impressed. Perhaps I under-estimated you. KR was my hero as a boy. I rode with Wayne Rainey and Donny Green at Laguna Seca in Sept 1985. This was at Keith Code's superbike school. This was before they changed L.S. and added the extra secton. We were riding GPz 550's then.
This does not mean you are a brilliant saw builder. It does mean I have to give you a tremendous amount of respect regarding motorcycling. My hat is off to you in this department.

Boys, boys, boys...man what a crapload of testosterone you've littered this thread with........

hell, fark ya all, and meet me at the top of Silver King at Crystal Mt.....if you have balls....I'll let one of ya ski Brain Damage, the other can take the knarlier line next to it, Lobotomy...but I'll nuke ya both by straight running 52 degree PinBall...as I don't like bouncing off its walls.

I don't need no frickin engine to get thrills......

Hey RB - you trying to trick those guys? :) Sure is a long walk back from the bottom IF you make it though three miles of deadfall!

Took a friend up the High Campbell last week - made him read the "experts only, falling will result in uncontrollable slides, no easy way down" yada yada. He made, in about an hour... Was going to lap him a couple of time, but why ruin his confidence:)

See ya up there, if we ever get real snow again. My lake is has 3 inches of ice on it!. Maybe next week...

Latest posts

Back