THALL and Hoss out cutting today..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joatmon

joatmon

Addicted to ArboristSite
INCORRECT, wishfull thinking on your part. Don't worry though, you'll make it one day. BTW we figured it up, Hoss has 40 chainsaws, I got 26. We only brought 12 meaning we left 54 at home. Thats big league, we'll call you up out of the minor league when we need someone to bring us our ta ta's,LOLOL

Like I said, you're in the big league. No. You ARE the big league. I know when I'm out classed. I haven't seen numbers like that since.... ah..... Daddy John's "bent nail" collection.

spacemule

spacemule

The Peanut Gallery
INCORRECT, wishfull thinking on your part. Don't worry though, you'll make it one day. BTW we figured it up, Hoss has 40 chainsaws, I got 26. We only brought 12 meaning we left 54 at home. Thats big league, we'll call you up out of the minor league when we need someone to bring us our ta ta's,LOLOL

56 saws!! Heck, I might have to borrow a couple. You'd never notice. :greenchainsaw:

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
Like I said, you're in the big league. No. You ARE the big league. I know when I'm out classed. I haven't seen numbers like that since.... ah..... Daddy John's "bent nail" collection.

You aren't out class at all. Grab ya saw and come on. One thing is for certain, can't run but one at a time no matter what it is. Hoss and me, well ya might say we don't go under gunned, no tree is safe not matter the size.

Mtnman4ever

Mtnman4ever

ArboristSite Operative
Mountainman if ya ever come to Va your more than welcome to bring that hot rod 395 up on the mountian with us. We don't care whatcha run as long as it runs.

I know you like getting on my butt about no PPE but old habits are hard to change ole feller...

Jusatwear a damn helemt danmn it hey but how you c gonna sell me one o f themn cut offswms .
no head . damn it .
ahel my saw run . . This coud fun . Yea h i get on ya abut ppe only a dam helemt a you gona be sellin them them Stihls iif yer a mess .

Il have give that try yeah my o modded hsukly is mean . I love a nice big saw or one of them ms 800ws i just don;''t fell right witha smaler saw . than a 575 or ms 460
Dont yoiu mind that old f 350 dump drivn off with them saw now :cheers:

:givebeer: \

spike60

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
I kind of feel a little sorry for that poor little 357XP surrounded by all them big bad Stihls. A welterweight dukin' it out with heavyweights.

Now just think how it would look if a little ole' MS361 was sittin' on that log amongst a couple of 395's and big onery 3120XP. It'd be kind of outmatched in that company wouldn't it?

I'm sure that us Husky guys would be much more neighborly to that poor little, half orange saw.

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
Jusat wear a damn helemt danmn ui it hwey ihate hps buit how you c gonna sell me one o f thmn cut offswms .
no had . damn it .
ahel my saw run . . this coudl b fun . Yeagh iget onya abut ppe ony a dam helemt a yo uaindgona be sellin thme them Stg hils ioif yer a mess .

Il have gieve that atry yeah my o mdded hsukly is mean . i lovcea nice big old cut of saw or oneof them ms 800ws i just don;''t fell right witha smaler saw . thana 575 or ms 460
Dont yoiu miodn that old f 350 dump drivn off with tem saw now :cheers:

:givebeer: \

Well if ya gonna bring a hot rod 395 to tickle my fancy then maybe I'll hand you a hot rod 660 to tickle yours but you will have to give it back,hehe. Come on over to Virginia town Mountianman, we'll talk saws like ole timers do...

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
I kind of feel a little sorry for that poor little 357XP surrounded by all them big bad Stihls. A welterweight dukin' it out with heavyweights.

Now just think how it would look if a little ole' MS361 was sittin' on that log amongst a couple of 395's and big onery 3120XP. It'd be kind of outmatched in that company wouldn't it?

I'm sure that us Husky guys would be much more neighborly to that poor little, half orange saw.

So true Spike, that was the only Husky there. We treated it just fine like all the the others. Had there been more of them we would had been playing with them like all the rest. Unlike what some think I can run any saw of any make and smile the whole time. Fact is I ran the 5100 more that day than any saw I took and the more I use that thing the more I like it....

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector

LOL, it would have felt a bit better if it was a 361.........:rockn: :rockn:

Mtnman4ever

Mtnman4ever

ArboristSite Operative
Well if ya gonna bring a hot rod 395 to tickle my fancy then maybe I'll hand you a hot rod 660 to tickle yours but you will have to give it back,hehe. Come on over to Virginia town Mountianman, we'll talk saws like ole timers do...

Thais could befun . hell when you going up ther again . or you gotalot to t invite s todrop some noice big oak . NAh I want a MS880 , gotta be fair now irun a o66 nopw modded to thing got mad yeter day adid not like me makingit cut some big Hikory . Had to get the Husky poutot finsh up . i hear my hsulky is lkea 880 . . asll eneb brngadan heklmet fo ya a spcial foce job but it will wok puls the pic !
yo name th time Ilbringa fe nice hsukys to get ya thnk no ius the a forend beerrost afterwards ?
be kid offcool and I aint that old hell illshow ya a humboltl cutad a few other ticks . w I lkeal them big saw Huskets Sthills J rds .
nothng under 70Cc . ecept for my littel 45 randge tough little beast .

I vc g0otta se thispalce an hey icoudl write soimethin neva know . we have a few conspricy nuts roud hear , . too .

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
LOL, it would have felt a bit better if it was a 361.........:rockn: :rockn:

Naaaaaaaaa not so. If ya noticed we were kind enough to put that 357 at the front of the log when shooting the pics. It had the best spot on the log, sitting in a cut made by the monster 090 Stihl, what more could that saw want. See we aren't bias after all. That Husky was in fine company. The only complaint about that saw came from its own owner. He said he paid $702.25 for that saw. Thats a mights steep isn't it, I mean a 361 is way less than that but equal saw. I always heard the Stihl's were higher, not in this case.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Naaaaaaaaa not so. If ya noticed we were kind enough to put that 357 at the front of the log when shooting the pics. It had the best spot on the log, sitting in a cut made by the monster 090 Stihl, what more could that saw want. See we aren't bias after all. That Husky was in fine company. The only complaint about that saw came from its own owner. He said he paid $702.25 for that saw. Thats a mights steep isn't it, I mean a 361 is way less than that but equal saw. I always heard the Stihl's were higher, not in this case.

Extremly high Husky price, in the US, but here the 357 cost more than a 441........:bang: :bang:

Last edited:
THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
Thais could befun . hell when you going up ther again . or you gotalot to t invite s todrop some noice big oak . NAh I want a MS880 , gotta be fair now irun a o66 nopw modded to thing got mad yeter day adid not like me makingit cut some big Hikory . Had to get the Husky poutot finsh up . i hear my hsulky is lkea 880 . . asll eneb brngadan heklmet fo ya a spcial foce job but it will wok puls the pic !
yo name th time Ilbringa fe nice hsukys to get ya thnk no ius the a forend beerrost afterwards ?
be kid offcool and I aint that old hell illshow ya a humboltl cutad a few other ticks . w I lkeal them big saw Huskets Sthills J rds .
nothng under 70Cc . ecept for my littel 45 randge tough little beast .

I vc g0otta se thispalce an hey icoudl write soimethin neva know . we have a few conspricy nuts roud hear , . too .

I don't drink beer ole feller but by Joe I can still buy ya a cold one. Up on the mountain we could care less who runs what ole feller. Be Stihl, Husky, Dolmar or Wildthing we don't care at all. We hope to get back up there soon. Hoss and the property man are good buddies. He said he would call me when they're ready for more sawing....

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
Extremly high Husky price, in the US, but here the 357 cost more than a 441........:bang: :bang:

Well he saw that same saw online at Baileys for 499.99 and to say he was ticked was a understatement. His taste for the way they do business has really rubbed him the wrong way. He likes the saw though. I guess from time to time we all find out we paid more than we had to but shoot we all get over it, he will too...

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector

The real issue is that the 357 has an outboard clutch, and a "busy" space under the cover.........:blob2: :blob2: :yoyo: :yoyo:

It usually doesn't matter for crosscutting, but for ripping with the grain, it is a huge issue.

Last edited:

Latest posts