That unmistakable exhaust note

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kawasaki H2 750 triple, tuned pipes, doplar affect. Nothing like it.
The old triple Widowmaker was definitely a very distinct 2 stroke sound. Not to mention a power band that was flat out scary when shifting gears. I kinda wish I didn't sell mine a couple years ago.

The old triple Widowmaker was definitely a very distinct 2 stroke sound. Not to mention a power band that was flat out scary when shifting gears. I kinda wish I didn't sell mine a couple years ago.
Like the old CCM 603 motocross bike. First gear is almost worthless.
And a ride once a month will keep senility at bay into your late 90s....

Like the old CCM 603 motocross bike. First gear is almost worthless.
And a ride once a month will keep senility at bay into your late 90s....
With my triple I always found shifting from second to third on a wide open run was thrilling because it wasn't easy keeping the front tire down. Course there's the high speed wobble but if you stay into it mine always came around.

View attachment 619174 these days I ride something much more sensible. Only has 2 gears so no more crazy stuff for me.
A street legal tribute to EJ Potter....he only had one gear.......but he was a teenager when he started and was doing it in his 60s.......followed him all my life. Lol

Nice Ride you got.....moderation is for monks........

A street legal tribute to EJ Potter....he only had one gear.......but he was a teenager when he started and was doing it in his 60s.......followed him all my life. Lol

Nice Ride you got.....moderation is for monks........
The Michigan mad man put on quite the show. I've only watched videos but his old v8 bike was a site to see. I believe he did tractor pulling in his later years as well. My first v8 bike had only had one gear 0-150

The Michigan mad man put on quite the show. I've only watched videos but his old v8 bike was a site to see. I believe he did tractor pulling in his later years as well. My first v8 bike had o my one gear 0-150
Full catastrophic living.........I commend you.

EJ wanted to build a V8 bike for a High school shop project.
Shop teacher said no so EJ quit school and built it.

Full catastrophic living.........I commend you.

EJ wanted to build a V8 bike for a High school shop project.
Shop teacher said no so EJ quit school and built it.
I wasn't thinking v8 bikes in high school but I ended up with a 750 triple when I was 16. Funny thing was I traded a homelite chainsaw for it xl12. The bike was in a barn and only had 3200 miles on it. That was back in 1996

Yup ....!!!

My XL 76 has that old school, reed saw, basically open piped monster saw sound ..... AND I LOVE IT!!! Neighbors and wife.... not sooo much ...

All my ol saws have a tone that just ain't there in the new stuff.

Back