Thats me!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@matt9923: oh, that are nice cars, we have had a Daihatsu Hijet for many years in the gardenery of my mother. With that car you are the king of the winter, where nobody comes forward, you can ride greatful... It is so small that you can get through every little way.
The Unimog is getting less and less produced, because it is too expencive and just for cities... for farming you can not get something else than a tractor. Just one company builts Trucks that base on MAN machines that can do the Unimog-Jobs, also if it is not so great in heavy terrain than a Unimog: http://www.toni-maurer.de/tuerkheim/fahrzeugbau/14.htm
I think the Hummer with big tractor-wheels is as good as an Unimog, but without hydraulics, mechanical waves(do not know how it is called), or 3-point hitch.
US-Trucks for heavy terrain do I just know from the military. Maybe there is much more?
@tjbier: I have never been to the Oktoberfest, that is just in Bavaria such a big thing, we have the "Cannstatter Wasen" that is nearly the same thing but not so famous like the oktoberfest. The Dolmar got "wrong air" through the radial rings, through that the piston got damaged, I will fix it within the next weeks, untill that I will work with the Husky 372 it is a great and thankful saw that just works.

Greetings,
Johannes

Hi,

I found some pictures of last winter, transporting some firewood.

pic_0365.jpg

pic_0366.jpg

pic_0367.jpg

pic_0368.jpg

pic_0368.jpg

Some hand tools before the ride to the forrest:

pic_0099-1.jpg

Unfortionnaly we have a little time-difference, so I am sleeping while most users are online... but I try to answer...

Du Trax den stoltz Deustchland auf dienen sholturn. Or something like that. I learned my German from Hogan's Heros.

Welcome. My best friend from School lives in Frankfurt. His name is Julian. If you see him tell him I said Hi.

Thats nice, but I have no idea of what that should mean, except of stolz=proud, Deutschland = Germany, dienen=serve(to do the job)...
Hogan`s Heros is called "Ein Käfig voller Helden" in Germany, and I love that show! I like "Feldwebel Schulz" best...
I think there are a few Julians in Frankfurt, but if you give me an address, I will tell him.

Hi Philbert,

"Ein Käfig voller Helden" means as much as "A cage full of heroes"...

Something bad about the Unimog... the price. And there is really a lot of technical stuff under that hood, there are a lot of things, that can get broke, and if you have to fix something you always are too unflexible in your arms. You have to know everything about hydraulics, pneumatics, and mechanic... also all the stuff about mechanics and transmissions...
You need some more? The engine could be bigger (or with a turbo).
But enough of that, I love this machine!!!
We have an Unimog-Club, we always talk about the dangerous Unimog-Virus, it is not curable... but good-natured.

Johannes

Here's a Unimog Accessory You Probably Don't Have

Unimog camper (found in Google images)

Saw a different one a few years ago in Pennsylvania. Parked outside of the Harley Davidson factory in York, PA. German couple was driving it around the world and they stopped in for the factory tour.

Good place to keep your chainsaws dry on site.

Philbert

attachment.php

Thats nice, but I have no idea of what that should mean, except of stolz=proud, Deutschland = Germany, dienen=serve(to do the job)...
Hogan`s Heros is called "Ein Käfig voller Helden" in Germany, and I love that show! I like "Feldwebel Schulz" best...
I think there are a few Julians in Frankfurt, but if you give me an address, I will tell him.

I was trying to say..."You carry the pride of Germany on your shoulders!" Spelling isn't my strong suit. That is why I call a Husqvarna a "Husky" because I can't spell Husqvarna...although I just may have now. I will get my friend Julian's address. THanks

Willkommen auf der Website

Awesome job on the language. I bet your English is much better then most everyone heres German

Great pictures. That is a very nice setup you have... the Unimog looks awesome!

I don't speak German, but lived there for 6.5 years (Darmstadt, Karlsruhe & Kitzingen), beautiful country!

Take care

Unimog camper (found in Google images)

Saw a different one a few years ago in Pennsylvania. Parked outside of the Harley Davidson factory in York, PA. German couple was driving it around the world and they stopped in for the factory tour.

Good place to keep your chainsaws dry on site.

Philbert

attachment.php

yes, thats probably the best vehicle to drive to the logging-camp! I met a young couple (about 25years), they rode an Unimog like this:
index.php

With that vehicle Unimog 1300 with camping-attachment they rode 16250miles around the Mediterranean-sea (without problems except of the tires) then they met me to change the tires (they were totally worn)...
It was very interesting, that shows what this machines can do. It was an old army (Bundeswehr) Unimog.

@Woodcutteranon: It would be translated like this: "Ihr tragt den Stolz Deutschlands auf euren Schultern." But most time it is spoken with a bavarian or prussian accent, that makes it difficuld. Great spelling "Husqvarna" made problems to me also... (Huskvarna, Husquarna, Huskuarna... whatever)
Just give me the adress, maybe via personal message... It would be funny to talk to him...

@Stihl-O-Matic: Thank you! I learned English in school (Realschule) This is a type of secundary school for ages to 16. After that I had an apprenticeship as an electrician, 3,5years. And now (from september) I go to school again and want to get my higher education entrance qualification (Abitur). And in my free time I am always in the forrests, I do everything about the forestry work. I have chosen the wrong job...

@Baldman: Thats nice, I have never been to Kitzingen and Darmstadt, but near the university of Karlsruhe is one of our forestry-schools. There I was at a few seminars. My uncle lives in Ettlingen, you maybe have been there.

Tomorrow I have to carry some firewood out to the costumers, not much but there is a phrase in germany: "Auch Kleinvieh macht Mist" It means as much as: "Small animals make dung, too." (Also small steps bring you forward) When I do not forget it, I take a picture.

Bye,
Johannes

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I just came back from a party, it was a kind of underground-insider party, on a glade in the middle of a forrest near the river. A friend of mine organized it. Had a few drinks, talked to a lot of pretty girls, was a nice evening. Here it is 2am on Sunday now...
Now the pictures that I promised.
I sold some firewood, here a picture of our little ladder. It is a great toy, we have it, because it is small enough to get into the greenhouse.
PIC_0343.jpg

PIC_0346.jpg

Here the half load, I had to go twice, because I could not take a bigger trailer because I had to push the trailer backwards into a deep-level-garage, I had 2" on the left, 2" on the right, and 2" high... I was busy to drive, so I forgot to take a Picture of the trailer in the garage... everything went good, nothing was broken, it was a good day.

PIC_0349.jpg

a little saw dust, with that you can make smoked fish or meet, it tastes great!

PIC_0351.jpg

Good night...
Johannes

Back