Thats me!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is a old Fendt GT, it was specially produced for lighter work, like in vegetable gardening firms. You can put the bed of, and mount for example a sugar beet hoe between both axes, so you can look at your working devices very well. It is also useful with a front loader. But it sucks if it should pull...
kohl_hacken_010.jpg

8112005828.JPG

post-130-1090501016_thumb.jpg

1108890_1.jpg

There were some produced with 4wd, this were interesting machines, a few had a forestry setup, like this:
380gtaforst9vn.jpg

They were produced untill 2004, then they quitted, because the air-cooled engines did not pass the new pollution tests...

Bye,
Johannes

Thanks for the Pics Holzer! I especially like the pic of your work clothes. Here most forest workers wear drab greasy clothing that blends in with the vegetation, myself included sometimes. I prefer to be seen so I often wear a bright orange or yellow t-shirt or sweatshirt. I really don't want to be run over or sqished! But like most guys that work in the brush I mostly wear a hickory shirt. I'd guess OSHA (the federal government) will step in one of the days and require some sort of bright clothing for loggers.

BTW, love the Unimog.

Hi,

the clothing was a problem in here, too. But except of the old farmers everybody wears protective-clothing in signal colors.
The Forestry Department and the security-advisers do not let you go into the forest without the right equipment.
This is absolutely right, otherwise we would pay higher insurance every year, because of so many accidents.
We have a sort of Department, that you have to join if you work in the forest, or have some. There you have to pay a little price, but you are insured for accidents. But they set up some instructions and advices that you have to follow. They also control the business if there is every thing alright. If you have big mistakes or missing stuff they also can stop your business until it is better. They also pay some training for secure working, that is really great.

Greetings,
Johannes

I'd seen skidder attachments that looked just like that for tractors here set up for a 3-point hitch. You're saying that you're unimog has a 3 point hitch as well? That's neat.

That's what I said. Like...exactly...my words. WTF? Keep the pics coming Holzer, looks great!

so, now I am back again, in the last time I was a little busy doing my work, I started doing a school (some kind of matriculation standard).
I also took part at logging-champinships (not very successful, but it is great fun).
Here are a few pics of the pro-competitors, doing the challenges.
At first the changing of a chain, and turning the sword on time (world record is about 10sec):
PIC_0301.jpg

PIC_0301.jpg

Then you do the combination-cut (the cuts have to hit each other and the angles must fit):

PIC_0262.jpg

PIC_0263.jpg

And the precision cut (you have to cut the log fully and do not hit the red plate under it, and the angles have to fit):

PIC_0232.jpg

PIC_0307.jpg

PIC_0309.jpg

Part 2 because of the limited pictures in the forum:

For sure the felling of a "tree" (you have to hit the red pole in 15m distance, about 45feet):
PIC_0267.jpg

PIC_0284-1.jpg

PIC_0289.jpg

And clearing a "top of a tree" (on time and precession):
PIC_0313.jpg

If you have questions or comments, post them!

Bye,
Johannes

Don't be sorry - It's an interesting perspective to hear what familiar things are called in other languages. 'Sword' is pretty cool, and appropriate!

Philbert

I think sword is pretty cool myself.

I just saw that I had two pictures the same, here is the right one, the World single champion Bals Recher from Swizerland changing his chain:

PIC_0253.jpg

Greetings,
Johannes

Welcome to AS Johannes

Great to see you as a member on AS.Your Unimog would be an excellent outfit for hunting moose with.We have a few Unimogs where I live in Canada, but you do not see them that often.Pictures from other countries are great to see,it's a little bit of an education.So Welcome again and keep the pictures coming
Lawrence

so, today there was some "Homework" to do. On my mothers place we had to take a tree down, I could not fell it in one peace, because it was too large. I cut the lower lambs, then I could fell the rest, after it was smaller on the lower part. I did not climb a lot to date, so dont take it bad, it is not very professional.

clear the working area:
PIC_0017-1.jpg

My mother in action:
PIC_0021-1.jpg

ready to get up:
PIC_0028-1.jpg

PIC_0037-1.jpg

PIC_0038-1.jpg

PIC_0045.jpg

Last edited:
Back