That's not gonna buff out!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was maneuvering the truck around to get it in just the right position to cut while standing on the tailgate. Got that sinking feeling when I saw my gallon jug of oil smashed flat. I had carefully unloaded all the tools fuel/oil and saws "out of the way".

ouch_zps70d5a391.jpg

That _was_ an almost new (3 weeks) Stihl 192T. Superficially it looks like just handles, switches, etc - external damage only. Finished the mornings work, went home, grabbed some coffee and off to the dealer (30 miles) I went.

Not encouraging. There seems to be a molded mounting bracket on top of the case for something. It is broken which would mean an entire new case as well as all the externals, e.g., looks like I now have a good parts saw and can buy another 192T. He is figuring it up and will call with the results.

Only good part is that the MS361 was sitting right beside it and wasn't touched.

Harry K

well..err..oops!

sucks man!

Get a 201t, then have it snellerized, you'll take much better care of it knowing what it costs!

I was actually relieved it was just a saw, reading the title I thought you might have dumped a big one on your truck!

well..err..oops!

sucks man!

Get a 201t, then have it snellerized, you'll take much better care of it knowing what it costs!

I was actually relieved it was just a saw, reading the title I thought you might have dumped a big one on your truck!

Zog the 201 would've jumped outta the way

"Sucks" begins to describe it... that's horrible, a real "kick-myself-in-the-azz" moment,

I can honestly say I've never driven over anything I didn't intend to. Many, many years ago, when I was still playing with toy trucks, dad told me to never set anything on the ground and walk away from it if I valued it... setting it on the ground next to my feet was OK, as long as I did not walk away from it. He said anything setting on the ground is easily forgotten, easily lost, and most importantly easily unseen when it needs to be... meaning, at that time, the lawn mower would surly chop it to pieces. To this very day I never set anything on the ground and walk away... I set it "up" on "something", a stump, a fence post, a log, on the hood, the seat of the tractor, or I just carry it with me... never on the ground.

OUCH....

I hate that feeling of OW ####, what the hell did I just do!

Been there brother....

Life goes on, glad you did not get hurt!

Besides it was only a Stihl!

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

That sucks big time.. I hate that "what was that bump the ground was smooth there" feeling.. :msp_ohmy:

White spider, since my health problems have kicked in i have not sat anything below knee height... It hurts to much to get to the ground to pick stuff up. I have crushed so much less stuff since i have started doing that.

"Sucks" begins to describe it... that's horrible, a real "kick-myself-in-the-azz" moment,

I can honestly say I've never driven over anything I didn't intend to. Many, many years ago, when I was still playing with toy trucks, dad told me to never set anything on the ground and walk away from it if I valued it... setting it on the ground next to my feet was OK, as long as I did not walk away from it. He said anything setting on the ground is easily forgotten, easily lost, and most importantly easily unseen when it needs to be... meaning, at that time, the lawn mower would surly chop it to pieces. To this very day I never set anything on the ground and walk away... I set it "up" on "something", a stump, a fence post, a log, on the hood, the seat of the tractor, or I just carry it with me... never on the ground.

OUCH....

I hate that feeling of OW ####, what the hell did I just do!

Been there brother....

Life goes on, glad you did not get hurt!

Besides it was only a Stihl!

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

But, but...but. The 361 was sitting right there! It should have protected the 192T The 361 cures everything!

Harry K

Zog the 201 would've jumped outta the way

Ha!

Actually..if you are wearing chaps or cutting pants with suspenders (I need some suspenders I found out), I guess you could use a lanyard and just hang your saw (carefully of course). Always right there then.

I should do this with my battery saw, on/off really fast (no worries about chain spinning when off, it stops pretty fast) and it is a spiffy brusher saw.

Now thinking more..small tophandle..do they make like big holsters for those?

Dealer called last night and has the figures. After hours and gave to shop number. Ic alled this morning but the guy I worked with is the only one who knows anything and he is off work today. I'll call tomorrow and let you know the grisly details. :)

Harry K

Ooohhh $€!++! That really hurts! Will probably be cheaper to replace. I have read here that many are happy with Echo and that they are cheaper but I see your colour of honor is rather dominent. :D

Good luck!

Bottom line. $307 plus change to repair. I suspect that was just the parts cost but didn't ask. Almost the price of a new one.

Bought another 192T. I suggested he consider a bulk rate discount. that got a chuckle but no seegar :)

Harry K

Ooohhh $€!++! That really hurts! Will probably be cheaper to replace. I have read here that many are happy with Echo and that they are cheaper but I see your colour of honor is rather dominent. :D

Good luck!

More a question of dealerships. My local Stihl won't sell a top handle to a non-pro. Only other "local" dealer is Echo which I don't look at anyhow as the dealer is a rental outfit and I have found those outfits put everything except rental customers and the bottom of their list.

When I was looking a Huskies, I went to the dealer (rental) told him I was looking for a new saw. After he put 4 more rental customers ahead of me, I walked out.

Harry K

Ouch... That poor saw. I bet you will keep track of your gear a little better.

Yrs ago, I had a few month old 026 that my nephew hit with the brush hog. It wasn't pretty.

been there done that as well. i just broke my handle off and was able to put a "stint" on it and still use it. You're right about that sinking feeling, i know it well.

been there done that as well. i just broke my handle off and was able to put a "stint" on it and still use it. You're right about that sinking feeling, i know it well.

Another oops with a sinking feeling. Pitching rounds onto a gathering pile while limbing and looked up to see one overshoot the pile on a beeline for the MS361 - dead hit but only broke the chainbrake handle. My dealer is getting to be on first name basis with me :).

Harry K

OUCH!

Ran over my L65 about 15 years ago with my Allis Chalmers and about a cord of wood on a utility trailer. Partially cracked the clutch cover and bent the tip of the bar slightly. The sprocket burned out about a year later and the crack in the cover hasn't changed.

Latest posts

Back