The 361 options and mods thead

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No dual port option on the 361. You have to modify the stock muffler, which is crimped together. Many 361 muffler modification threads on the subject. I posted some on this thread, but there are others if you do a search.

Installed the dog kit tonight and cleaned up the saw. Heres is some some pictures of it on my 361.
MS361014.jpg

MS361015.jpg

MS361017.jpg

any one know if there is anyone online selling the dual dawgs for the 361?

the stock one is a joke imo

that looks lik the 026-660 chancase cover.

dogs for those saws bolt on from the 026-660 id think the dawgs would work on the 361 to because that looks to be the same chaincase.

im asking because the pics posted look like small dawgs. maybe the 361 has its own thing going on

there is difrence in dawg style on the 044-660 there3s few difrent dawgs. you just have to make sure you have matched set.

ive got two sets of big dawgs they look the same hav the same mounting points but are sized slightly difrent.

dual dawgs do look good on the 361 and those dawgs pictired dont eat up to much of the cutting area of the bar.

So I have a question for windthrown or other PNW 361 users. I'm hopefully picking up a 361 on Monday for my work saw. When I ordered it I asked to have a 25" full skip chain on it. Others on the site have mentioned that the saw is going to be horribly unbalanced with this length bar on it... just curious what other's experiences have been that have run a 25" on this saw. I didn't get the wrap handle (don't know that the boss man would want me spending that kind of $$$ on a saw that won't get used a whole lot) but I think I will get the dual dog kit. Would there be any good reason to have the dealer swap the 7 pin for the 8 pin sprocket when I pick it up?

i havent seen the 361 listed to come with full wrap .

all stihl saws listed for full wrap come with big dawgs big chaincase and 3/4 wrap.

441 might not have a big chaincase.

im just asking because i follow stihl close and havent seen the 361 and full wrap ever mentioned together as factory option from stihl

So I have a question for windthrown or other PNW 361 users. I'm hopefully picking up a 361 on Monday for my work saw. When I ordered it I asked to have a 25" full skip chain on it. Others on the site have mentioned that the saw is going to be horribly unbalanced with this length bar on it... just curious what other's experiences have been that have run a 25" on this saw. I didn't get the wrap handle (don't know that the boss man would want me spending that kind of $$$ on a saw that won't get used a whole lot) but I think I will get the dual dog kit. Would there be any good reason to have the dealer swap the 7 pin for the 8 pin sprocket when I pick it up?

My 361 has the 3/4 wrap handle and the dual dawgs. I swap back and forth between the 20" and 25" b/c as situation demands. I definitely prefer full-comp over skip on this saw with either bar length -- it gets the job done faster and stays sharp longer. 3/4 handle is very nice. There is an aftermarket full-wrap, too, but I don't like it at all. Stay with the 7-pin sprocket.

My 361 has the 3/4 wrap handle and the dual dawgs. I swap back and forth between the 20" and 25" b/c as situation demands. I definitely prefer full-comp over skip on this saw with either bar length -- it gets the job done faster and stays sharp longer. 3/4 handle is very nice. There is an aftermarket full-wrap, too, but I don't like it at all. Stay with the 7-pin sprocket.

I'm used to full skip, that's what I run on my 044 wearing a 28" bar. Hopefully I get to pick the saw up today, I'll chat with the dealer on the full comp vs. skip and see what he recommends.

i havent seen the 361 listed to come with full wrap .

All stihl saws listed for full wrap come with big dawgs big chaincase and 3/4 wrap.

441 might not have a big chaincase.

Im just asking because i follow stihl close and havent seen the 361 and full wrap ever mentioned together as factory option from stihl

i have an ms 361 with a factory full wrap kit,& 25" bar w/ full skip.it is definately no 460,but it eats hardwood pretty good!

So I ordered the full wrap kit from my local Stihl dealer on Tuesday. When I gave them the part numbers they asked if I was sure I wanted it, I said yes. Apparently when they placed the order Stihl asked them does he want this it is special order no return, they said yes he already paid. My dealer told me it would be here wendesday which it did not show up. The end of today rolls around and no kit. I called a buddy at another Stihl dealership in NC(I live in GA) and he told me when he called they told him it would take a month to get from their supplier. I am really confused, any input?

Back