The 441's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ms441crm

Hi Everybody

Ran my new MS441CRM last weekend as I was out in the bush. I am part of a group who teaches other people 4wd driving, but we were low on firewood for the night, and it was expected to go sub zero overnight. Therefore I fired up the MS441.

What I loved about the saw was the balance, the power it had in the wood, and the fuel economy. One other plus was the ease of starting. In 1 tank I was able to cut up enough firewood to keep us all warm for the night.

Only downside was that the oiler was set so I ran out of oil just before I ran out of fuel. I think it was less than a minute, but I usually prefer it to be the other way around. Hence I have adjusted the oiler so it is a little bit leaner.

Sorry no vids as I was flying solo aka nobody helped.

Regards
Graham

Well, I probably got all of an hours run time on it, but it sure was a happy hour.... :)

Good grief, just out of curiosity, I looked to see the dates on these pics.

Poor saw is already nearing one year old. :(

9a222696.jpg

e61cd71a.jpg

Good Ones.

If I had any of me and " no spill Jill", I would keep them all to myself!

He He. Yee Haw!

Hi Everybody

Ran my new MS441CRM last weekend as I was out in the bush. I am part of a group who teaches other people 4wd driving, but we were low on firewood for the night, and it was expected to go sub zero overnight. Therefore I fired up the MS441.

What I loved about the saw was the balance, the power it had in the wood, and the fuel economy. One other plus was the ease of starting. In 1 tank I was able to cut up enough firewood to keep us all warm for the night.

Only downside was that the oiler was set so I ran out of oil just before I ran out of fuel. I think it was less than a minute, but I usually prefer it to be the other way around. Hence I have adjusted the oiler so it is a little bit leaner.

Sorry no vids as I was flying solo aka nobody helped.

Regards
Graham

I missed the application booth for that at the 11th grade job fair!

Go to, "Groups," or click the link on the OP. I'll go over there and invite ya, too. CR500 yeah buddy. Homelite Jim is in. I never saw much movin' in the other Stihl groups I'd joined, so let's rock and roll. We'll write the book.

I'm interested in joining this group, ready to beef up my 441... Starting with muff mod...any suggestions?

How do I join, I am going home this weekend to pick up my 441 CM-R, dealer wanted to know if I wanted the honors of putting the gas in it for the first time lol

Yes, I'd like in too. I have a Stihl 441 five or six tanks thru it. It is a powerful saw. Who said it was that heavy. Does some one have the weights? Please sign me in. Who has some info about the store bought fuel. Does that make 'em run a little better? I'll try it regular gas finally ruined my other saw.

Yes, I'd like in too. I have a Stihl 441 five or six tanks thru it. It is a powerful saw. Who said it was that heavy. Does some one have the weights? Please sign me in. Who has some info about the store bought fuel. Does that make 'em run a little better? I'll try it regular gas finally ruined my other saw.

With that saw, I would run 93 octane, 40:1 synthetic stihl oil, with a little marine grade stabil in it for the damn ethanol. I run that in all my saws, have never had an issue. The ms441 is about 15 pounds depending on the bar length.

I hijacked an attachment for a Stihl MS441M-Tronic Service Manual and posted it over in the group area. This site is golden. Civilians shouln't be able to get they grubby paws on this stuff.

I hijacked an attachment for a Stihl MS441M-Tronic Service Manual and posted it over in the group area. This site is golden. Civilians shouln't be able to get they grubby paws on this stuff.

If you'll look at the last page of your 441 attachment you'll also note that the material you posted is copyrighted.

If you'll look at the last page of your 441 attachment you'll also note that the material you posted is copyrighted.

Sorry, Gologit. I copied it from another area on the site. The attachment for the Stihl MS441 service manual was posted here on AS for six months. I'll be more careful about what I copy, Thanks for the warning.

Hi-temp stove paint, I sanded the dawgs down with 80 grit disc on a mini angle air sander by snap-on

Looks good... Someone else has. Theirs done black, & w/ the Sugi bar it really pops.

Guess we can add another symptom to CAD --- Spending time to enhance the appearance (with no functional improvement) of a saw,

Now I just got to fight the urge to go do mine as I have too much other stuff on the "to do" list.

dw

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Hi.I'm going these days to buy my 441.I want to ask you guys what should i buy the 441 or the 441c.In a 441c I am worried about the electronic carb ,this new technology .I don't want to have problems because i can affort to pay for service and fixing the problems if i have.From your experience whats your opinion?How many time did you use the 441c ?have any problems?Thanks

sorry for my english ,ican't speak the english very well and is diffycult for me

Hi.I'm going these days to buy my 441.I want to ask you guys what should i buy the 441 or the 441c.In a 441c I am worried about the electronic carb ,this new technology .I don't want to have problems because i can affort to pay for service and fixing the problems if i have.From your experience whats your opinion?How many time did you use the 441c ?have any problems?Thanks

sorry for my english ,ican't speak the english very well and is diffycult for me

You did just fine, many of us that speak English as our first language don't do as well. I don't know about Greece, but in the US the old non-C model has been dropped. If you ran both, you would easily understand why. No problems at all with mine, its easily the best running saw I've owned in terms of always being in perfect tune, something that's not practically possible with a straight mechanical saw carb.

Latest posts

Back