The 441's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many time did you run the c model

I've had mine a little over a year. Maybe 10 tanks or so (I haven't been able to cut this fall/winter due to back problems) ranging from near 90 degree heat to near zero degree cold, and the saw just flatout responds. The M-Tronic will spoil you real fast.

Hi.I'm going these days to buy my 441.I want to ask you guys what should i buy the 441 or the 441c.In a 441c I am worried about the electronic carb ,this new technology .I don't want to have problems because i can affort to pay for service and fixing the problems if i have.From your experience whats your opinion?How many time did you use the 441c ?have any problems?Thanks

sorry for my english ,ican't speak the english very well and is diffycult for me

I have put many many hrs on 441Cs stock and ported and never had a auto tune system problem.:)

I just have the standard 441, I consider it my small saw when I am out cutting firewood.

camptrip2003.jpg

I like your fourwheeler chainsaw holster. I have a small hard maple cookie zip tied to the front of the wheeler, which my clutch cover rests on, I have the rear handle in the gun rack with the rubber band deal strapping it down and I tied a piece of rope from the rack to the other side of the gun rack that keeps the bar from flying out I just slip the bar under that each time. This works good with half wrap saws. And i usually wedge my gransfors bruks axe under the saw too. Have any closeup pics of your setup?

Congrats, you will love it. Also, they respond very well to enlarging the opening of the muffler, and tune themselves for the modification. :rock:

The only model greece have is the 441c-m.I'm interesting for the 3/4 wrap and Pro-Safety dawgs for a 441.If i can't affort right now to buy them and delivery to greece a relative of mine who lives in australia can bring them to me in the summer.Do you no how much costs?Where i can find them?

Good stuff

Did you consider the R wrap model that comes with
High out put oiler
Twin bumper spikes
Roller chain catcher
Stiffer AV springs
Large clutch cover

Hello from Greece

In Greece and in Europe generally the Stihl has completely different reasons philosophy.
For example at stihl 441you can not have more than 20" Guide Bar
at stihl 660 you can not have more than 25" Guide Bar.
Can not find the models R or Magnum
When I bought my 660 here in Greece I had serious problems with the oiling of Bar. The dealer near me raised their hands up. The stihl importer in Greece say that you can not operate the saw with bar greater than 20" :bang:
Fortunately I discovered this forum and read about High out put oiler and dual port mufler.

So when you go to the Greek dealer and tell him you want the R wrap model or want to buy a 3/4 warp will look at you as if just arrived from space :D :D :D

Sorry for bad writing.

Hello from Greece

In Greece and in Europe generally the Stihl has completely different reasons philosophy.
For example at stihl 441you can not have more than 20" Guide Bar
at stihl 660 you can not have more than 25" Guide Bar.
Can not find the models R or Magnum
When I bought my 660 here in Greece I had serious problems with the oiling of Bar. The dealer near me raised their hands up. The stihl importer in Greece say that you can not operate the saw with bar greater than 20" :bang:
Fortunately I discovered this forum and read about High out put oiler and dual port mufler.

So when you go to the Greek dealer and tell him you want the R wrap model or want to buy a 3/4 warp will look at you as if just arrived from space :D :D :D

Sorry for bad writing.

Your writing is fine.

I wonder why they have such short bar recommendations for the larger saws? Just seems odd they would do that.

Can anyone remember the stihl code (1128 640 3250 ??) for a new bigger oil pump.I'm thinking to put a High out put oiler for my 441 c-m or from another stihl model because as i say before here in greece the R model doesn't exist in the market.

How big of bar are you going to run? The stock oiler should keep up just fine with a 25in b/c. Seams like everybody on your side of the world runs 18 in b/c and smaller anyways:laugh:

How big of bar are you going to run? The stock oiler should keep up just fine with a 25in b/c. Seams like everybody on your side of the world runs 18 in b/c and smaller anyways:laugh:

I run 20'' bar and i want to put 25''.Sometimes i cut dead woods (oak) and i need more oil.For fir trees i have no problem

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back