The age old question. What log splitter to buy.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chadjacobs

chadjacobs

ArboristSite Member
I'm ready to get a new splitter. I have a ramsplitter now. I was set on timberwolf tw-5 till I got on this site and looked at split right and built rite. What is everyones thoughts of the three.

Guido Salvage

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
My thought....

Mauls006.jpg

066Bigbear

066Bigbear

ArboristSite Lurker
I can not speak for the other two but I have a TW-5 and this is is the best. I will be posting some pic soon of what we have been splitting. I know that the peaces that we have been working on have been 40" plus. I also know that if you can get the peace on it it will split it. I got mine for 7500 (4way,6way and table grate) the only thing that you will need is a conveyor because this thing puts out a lot of wood if you can feed it fast enough. If you have the rounds cut to length then two guys can do a cord in 30 mins. I know this because I have timed us doing it. I would say one person could do right at a cord and hour. (CORD=128 cft) Maybe fast if everything is right there and goes right.

KindlingKing

KindlingKing

ArboristSite Operative
Anyone ever use or own the TW7? It looks pretty slick with the box wedge. I imagine that production would be very high and certainly nice uniform splits. Now if I could just come up with the $9,000 to $10,000 it would cost to get this with the log lift and table grate....

chadjacobs

chadjacobs

ArboristSite Member
I can not speak for the other two but I have a TW-5 and this is is the best. I will be posting some pic soon of what we have been splitting. I know that the peaces that we have been working on have been 40" plus. I also know that if you can get the peace on it it will split it. I got mine for 7500 (4way,6way and table grate) the only thing that you will need is a conveyor because this thing puts out a lot of wood if you can feed it fast enough. If you have the rounds cut to length then two guys can do a cord in 30 mins. I know this because I have timed us doing it. I would say one person could do right at a cord and hour. (CORD=128 cft) Maybe fast if everything is right there and goes right.
Thanks for the info what conveyor do you have?

ponyexpress976

ponyexpress976

nipple fritters
I have the TW-6 with a 4 way and 6 way. I wish the 4 way was disappearing like on some of the other models mentioned. Overall its a well built machine and thats really the only improvement I wish it had.

chadjacobs

chadjacobs

ArboristSite Member
I have the TW-6 with a 4 way and 6 way. I wish the 4 way was disappearing like on some of the other models mentioned. Overall its a well built machine and thats really the only improvement I wish it had.

I'm jealous!!! Bring it down i'll use it for a weekend and you can use my grapple trailer. Sounds good to me!:pray::pray:

gunnerpgh

gunnerpgh

ArboristSite Lurker
I &o

I agree with toms tree, Iron and oak 26 ton. Splits anything I throw at it, only a homeowner, and previously built my own, a great splitter, but sold it. Iron and oak for the money is the bomb.

chadjacobs

chadjacobs

ArboristSite Member
izw3n8.jpg
dont need one

Call me a sis , But I work 60+ hours a week and when I work on firewood I want the fastest and Most efficient way. I heat three houses with a wood doctor. So while i don't cut a ton of wood i do go through some. When i have the time to work on it i want to knock out as much as possible.

I have heard good things about Iron and oak. Just doesn't have all the options i want