The age old question. What log splitter to buy.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadjacobs

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm ready to get a new splitter. I have a ramsplitter now. I was set on timberwolf tw-5 till I got on this site and looked at split right and built rite. What is everyones thoughts of the three.

My thought....

Mauls006.jpg

I can not speak for the other two but I have a TW-5 and this is is the best. I will be posting some pic soon of what we have been splitting. I know that the peaces that we have been working on have been 40" plus. I also know that if you can get the peace on it it will split it. I got mine for 7500 (4way,6way and table grate) the only thing that you will need is a conveyor because this thing puts out a lot of wood if you can feed it fast enough. If you have the rounds cut to length then two guys can do a cord in 30 mins. I know this because I have timed us doing it. I would say one person could do right at a cord and hour. (CORD=128 cft) Maybe fast if everything is right there and goes right.

splitter

A lot of the others are just cheaper-built knock-offs of the Timberwolf

i have a tw6 great tool very fast but i wish i had the4 way wedge go below the beam like the built right just my 2 cents

Anyone ever use or own the TW7? It looks pretty slick with the box wedge. I imagine that production would be very high and certainly nice uniform splits. Now if I could just come up with the $9,000 to $10,000 it would cost to get this with the log lift and table grate....

I can not speak for the other two but I have a TW-5 and this is is the best. I will be posting some pic soon of what we have been splitting. I know that the peaces that we have been working on have been 40" plus. I also know that if you can get the peace on it it will split it. I got mine for 7500 (4way,6way and table grate) the only thing that you will need is a conveyor because this thing puts out a lot of wood if you can feed it fast enough. If you have the rounds cut to length then two guys can do a cord in 30 mins. I know this because I have timed us doing it. I would say one person could do right at a cord and hour. (CORD=128 cft) Maybe fast if everything is right there and goes right.
Thanks for the info what conveyor do you have?

I have the TW-6 with a 4 way and 6 way. I wish the 4 way was disappearing like on some of the other models mentioned. Overall its a well built machine and thats really the only improvement I wish it had.

I have the TW-6 with a 4 way and 6 way. I wish the 4 way was disappearing like on some of the other models mentioned. Overall its a well built machine and thats really the only improvement I wish it had.

I'm jealous!!! Bring it down i'll use it for a weekend and you can use my grapple trailer. Sounds good to me!:pray::pray:

I &o

I agree with toms tree, Iron and oak 26 ton. Splits anything I throw at it, only a homeowner, and previously built my own, a great splitter, but sold it. Iron and oak for the money is the bomb.

izw3n8.jpg
dont need one

Call me a sis , But I work 60+ hours a week and when I work on firewood I want the fastest and Most efficient way. I heat three houses with a wood doctor. So while i don't cut a ton of wood i do go through some. When i have the time to work on it i want to knock out as much as possible.

I have heard good things about Iron and oak. Just doesn't have all the options i want

Back