the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning scrotums :)
How they all hanging?
Sorry to have not graced you with my presence for a while but honestly have been under the pump and on struggle street for over a month. Work is uber busy. Oh so uber...
I've even considered getting on that Ice stuff as apparently your day goes faster.
Got old mate Weedkilla coming up today to stay for the night. We might even play with saws and stuff and cut some trees down (well actually that's what he's coming up for as I don't climb and have a couple of jobs for him).
Have been doing a few bigger Casuarinas again lately which are always fun.
Plus a few palms. They suck dog dicks.

Good morning scrotums :)
How they all hanging?
Sorry to have not graced you with my presence for a while but honestly have been under the pump and on struggle street for over a month. Work is uber busy. Oh so uber...
I've even considered getting on that Ice stuff as apparently your day goes faster.
Got old mate Weedkilla coming up today to stay for the night. We might even play with saws and stuff and cut some trees down (well actually that's what he's coming up for as I don't climb and have a couple of jobs for him).
Have been doing a few bigger Casuarinas again lately which are always fun.
Plus a few palms. They suck dog dicks.
Afternoon hairy sphincter.

Good to hear from you.

Did you salvage any palm oil to use as bar oil?

Afternoon hairy sphincter.

Good to hear from you.

Did you salvage any palm oil to use as bar oil?

No I didn't salvage anything expect magnesium alloy corrosion :) Actually they all got a good blowout and wash plus a significant coating of INOX.

You guys in Victoria need to pull ya finger out and cut your own sleepers! We have an order for 250 packs (20 to a pack) of the god damn big ass gut busting things! got a b double load done so far...
We have thousands of QLD sleepers (30 to a pack) to cut as it is I'm not 20 anymore me no likey Vic sleepers! haha...
Apparently why Vic sleepers are such a big lump of wood is you guys where a very rich state way back when with all the gold and could afford to build a grand railway! I bet the dip **** engineer that designed the railway didn't give a thought to the men that have to manhandle the cut timber :wtf: peasants we r! lol...
QLD well we where poor and have baby (cheap) sleepers thank ****! haha...

narh mate were just tough bastards down here :drinking:the one on the right is a QUEENSLANDER NEW SOUTH WELSHMAN :laughing::dancing:

No NSW sleepers are not the same size as Vic sleepers at 2.7 long we have cut thousands of both over the years... End plates on sleepers NSW at times and we do that or someone under cuts us and gets the job, end plates (gang nails) mostly go on bridge timber...There are three in our family that are accredited to pass sleepers me being one, sure beats the old days of passing 2 thousand in one day with railway timber inspectors looking on but looking back I remember a pass as a highlight to the end of a mouth as we got the rest of the day off done and dusted by lunch! ...But yes true any bridge timber we cut gets inspected by (Terry Kennedy) for NSW Neil knows him top bloke!...As for QLD well its on the down and out as far as cutting bridge timber ,fresh out of university 20 year olds running the show up here apparently we don't know how to cut railway bridge timber! or any mill for that matter! haha.....
I think they have the shorter ones for carrying those light loads of bananas through from FNQ, LOL
Terry has been in the game such a long time, from memory working for the likes of LJ Williams & Mcarthys, I didn't know he went into QLD for NSW forests though but it's been 7 or 8 years since I talked to him last while rolling sleepers.
Fangst

I think they have the shorter ones for carrying those light loads of bananas through from FNQ, LOL
Terry has been in the game such a long time, from memory working for the likes of LJ Williams & Mcarthys, I didn't know he went into QLD for NSW forests though but it's been 7 or 8 years since I talked to him last while rolling sleepers.
Fangst

Terry worked for LJ Williams, he and Peter Craig de saped the poles, I have done time there too as it was my wet weather job. He left (after a long running problem with management) and worked in the bush for a while but broke his leg which stopped an impressive wood chopping career being one of NSW best tree climbers and underhand axemen.
I can still remember him peddling his push bike up Bell bird and getting all the way to the top without a stop, he was a tough man and his brother was even tougher.
Quiet tonight on the dribble.

Terry worked for LJ Williams, he and Peter Craig de saped the poles, I have done time there too as it was my wet weather job. He left (after a long running problem with management) and worked in the bush for a while but broke his leg which stopped an impressive wood chopping career being one of NSW best tree climbers and underhand axemen.
I can still remember him peddling his push bike up Bell bird and getting all the way to the top without a stop, he was a tough man and his brother was even tougher.
Quiet tonight on the dribble.
they were fairly clever too, with allan they designed & made the first ever peeler for woodchopping blocks from an old trailer, a holden motor, a cutter head & various bit & pieces "found" laying around. that thing is impressive, how fast it works & how far it throws the shavings
ta

they were fairly clever too, with allan they designed & made the first ever peeler for woodchopping blocks from an old trailer, a holden motor, a cutter head & various bit & pieces "found" laying around. that thing is impressive, how fast it works & how far it throws the shavings
ta

True, Alan died last year. That block peeler is still going, Peter Shipman still peels blocks for different shows. I know of at least 2 other block peelers built off that original one Alan made (with the help of some other cluey guys).

This stuff is invasive and it's wrecking my redbox firewood
....a type of fungus....anyone know what it is?20151108_121645.jpg20151108_121639.jpg20151108_121637.jpgI have two types of what. I think is fungus...the one in the above pics has tough properties...you can tear it but very difficult to break under tension.

The other type is spotted and white to yellow in colour and eats the redbox rapidly...the logs have under half their original weight.

2 hrs to get a line in an ugly pine. Fawlty towers and Frank Spencer got nuth'n on me. Having a cuppa then will see if the line holds as I hack at it with a 32" bar that's about a foot too short for this fugly pine. If the line snaps it's goodbye fence and shed. I get all the good jobs.

2 hrs to get a line in an ugly pine. Fawlty towers and Frank Spencer got nuth'n on me. Having a cuppa then will see if the line holds as I hack at it with a 32" bar that's about a foot too short for this fugly pine. If the line snaps it's goodbye fence and shed. I get all the good jobs.

Good luck.

This stuff is invasive and it's wrecking my redbox firewood
....a type of fungus....anyone know what it is?View attachment 459367View attachment 459368View attachment 459369I have two types of what. I think is fungus...the one in the above pics has tough properties...you can tear it but very difficult to break under tension.

The other type is spotted and white to yellow in colour and eats the redbox rapidly...the logs have under half their original weight.
Tiger Cat,,,, no good for nothing. that is what we call it .

????? ask betty. cut that centre out and she will tip over for you...... I know you already know that.:yes:

Tiger Cat,,,, no good for nothing. that is what we call it .

That's a weird name Neil.

I got a large piece of it out of a log about the size of an A5 piece of paper...it reminded me of a neoprene bandage of used in the past for water proofing....very latex like just not quite as stretchy

That's a weird name Neil.

I got a large piece of it out of a log about the size of an A5 piece of paper...it reminded me of a neoprene bandage of used in the past for water proofing....very latex like just not quite as stretchy

Yea it is, I don't know what its official name is but by our industry name it is just Tiger Cat.
It is not expectable in timber products, even wood chip is unacceptable with it in it. For domestic firewood sales just peel round it and throw it away and sell the outside bits. Its common in stringy's, mahoganies and black butt, have seen it in turp too.

i did 5 day intensive course on fungus with Dr Francis Schwarze its intriguing how some fungus will eat-consume differing parts of wood components either the cellulose hemicelluloses or lignin and can make woods soft brittle or weak

he used this knowledge to make a better violin and wrote this http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783642631337 most of which went over my head but it was great week of learning what i could understand

Good luck.
Thanks. I needed it and for once my luck held out long enough.

The line didn't hold. It broke, twice. I put 6 wedges into that tree and all but one of those wedges broke. My mega-deal on a box of 50 wedges almost cost me a shed and fence. Brittle plastic was busting even when I didn't miss-hit them. That sort of crap is gonna kill someone or wreck property.

Talk about an absurd string of screw-ups.

In the end, knowing the line was as suss as the wedges, I was inching it in, tapping in wedge fragment a little more, inch, tap, inch, tap. Finally, the basturd gave up and cooperated. Any other day that would have been a disaster.

????? ask betty. cut that centre out and she will tip over for you...... I know you already know that.:yes:
Roger that. Cheers.

wedges.jpg

stump.jpg

Back