the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out with the old.

And in with the new.

It served us well. Nearly 29 years. That's impressive for a CNC machine. Nothing wrong with it other than out dated badly.

Can the new one bore and rifle an existing gun barrel an extra 1.3mm or an extra 0.053"?

Or better off buying a .303 barrel second hand?

Out with the old.

And in with the new.

It served us well. Nearly 29 years. That's impressive for a CNC machine. Nothing wrong with it other than out dated badly.
Would go alright in the shed! I'm off with the boss tomorrow to look at a 5 axis machining centre. Not sure what make but it's got 3000mm in x, 1200mm in y and 1200mm in z. Got a heidenhein control too so if we get it I've got some study to do! [emoji2]

Sent from my GT-S7580L using Tapatalk

Watch out for the rip-off postage from Chainsawr in the USA
I was desperately seeking piston rings for the contra( 52x2mm,hard to get),and he had em at a reasonable price.
Came to checkout,and the postage was $39 USD!! For 3 piston rings!
Anyway,it was 2am,i wanted the rings,couldnt find em elsewhere,needed to get started on the resto,so i foolishly sent the dough,thinking "oh well,maybe he is stuck using some super duper goldplated shipping service.
When the small box of rings arrived,via regular airmail,the postage cost was $13.
so i emailed the Karnt,pointing out the $26 difference in postage,and he says that there are many other costs involved in shipping to australia,without specifying what these were.
I've had a ton of stuff posted from the states without this mystery surcharge,and huge mark-up.
He may have the parts,but i'd rather buy my own chinese factory and make the bloody things myself than deal with him again,just on principle.
Got 2 sets in the shed. I use the Greek on eBay his are cheap and postage is good too. They're caber rings so as good as you'll get

Would go alright in the shed! I'm off with the boss tomorrow to look at a 5 axis machining centre. Not sure what make but it's got 3000mm in x, 1200mm in y and 1200mm in z. Got a heidenhein control too so if we get it I've got some study to do! [emoji2]

Sent from my GT-S7580L using Tapatalk
Gees that's a big 5 axis. [emoji50] you'll love the heidenhain controller! What model is it ? 530? Get some pics [emoji1360]

Nope. She's off to the graveyard. I hate turning, I am a milling kind of guy.

a lot of guys would love to have that in their workshop, guys like me who don't use a lathe every day but do need to sometimes. Be no good to me, too many buttons and switches, and the tv screen, yep I be a shot duck.

Oh and good morning viewers

At Vic Roads now for the driving test and the young bloke has attached the rear number plate with string to the car.

It been knocked back and he can't do his driving test like that....3 week wait for the next booking, no manual car available right now.

Live and learn.

Turned up for a test with string holding on a number plate.........LOL chippy, not the way to start off impressing the tester.

An abject lesson in the "system" once you start to hold a licence and own a car.

Something to be said for doing lessons and using an instructors car. Ensures the driving standard is up to the "norm" of
Vicroads and the car is right to go.

I can recommend a highly experienced Sale instructor if you need one.

Hope next test ends better for him.

Turned up for a test with string holding on a number plate.........LOL chippy, not the way to start off impressing the tester.

An abject lesson in the "system" once you start to hold a licence and own a car.

Something to be said for doing lessons and using an instructors car. Ensures the driving standard is up to the "norm" of
Vicroads and the car is right to go.

I can recommend a highly experienced Sale instructor if you need one.

Hope next test ends better for him

Thanks mate

We attached the rear number plate with string at Vic Roads on Monday when we registered the car.

So he had 2 days to fix it properly. He had the drill, screws all he needed. I told him it would need to be done and he said he'd do it.....

I do a lot for the kids and getting them to take on responsibility appears to be the most difficult task...but we're getting there slowly.

Teenagers.....they seem to want to spend more time sleeping and playing computer games than what's healthy for them.

Edit: He's a pretty good driver (better than me and his older brother when we got ours). I don't think he'll have any difficulty passing the test....I've spent over 30hrs with him and we've just worked on developing good habits and eliminating the bad ones.....

Thanks mate

We attached the rear number plate with string at Vic Roads on Monday when we registered the car.

So he had 2 days to fix it properly. He had the drill, screws all he needed. I told him it would need to be done and he said he'd do it.....

I do a lot for the kids and getting them to take on responsibility appears to be the most difficult task...but we're getting there slowly.

Teenagers.....they seem to want to spend more time sleeping and playing computer games than what's healthy for them.

Maybe he'll listen next time chippy.

Three weeks to mull over why he isn't out now in the car, that should sink in!

Local kid has failed driving test 3 times recently, I know he can drive OK but it has to be
to the standard expected by Vicroads.

Parental/friend instructors don't know that standard generally speaking.

Maybe he'll listen next time chippy.

Three weeks to mull over why he isn't out now in the car, that should sink in!

Local kid has failed driving test 3 times recently, I know he can drive OK but it has to be
to the standard expected by Vicroads.

Parental/friend instructors don't know that standard generally speaking.

Yeah, that's true. Hell, I don't feel safe as a passenger when in a car with about 1 in 4 people I know....on the phone, not watching the road, don't know the road rules or just can't drive for shtick.

We got the eldest through his license test last year first go fortunately. The youngest has done better than him in all regards so far. We've spent the last few weeks getting him used to his new car and lots of 3 point turn, hand break start and reverse parking practises.

A piece of string that he knew could cause problems wasn't attended to....that's all he had to do and didn't.

He's pretty gutted right now but is putting on a brave face...

Yeah, that's true. Hell, I don't feel safe as a passenger when in a car with about 1 in 4 people I know....on the phone, not watching the road, don't know the road rules or just can't drive for shtick.

We got the eldest through his license test last year first go fortunately. The youngest has done better than him in all regards so far. We've spent the last few weeks getting him used to his new car and lots of 3 point turn, hand break start and reverse parking practises.

A piece of string that he knew could cause problems wasn't attended to....that's all he had to do and didn't.

He's pretty gutted right now but is putting on a brave face...

Yep, my young bloke got his licence in December after failing it in September.
I have always been on at him to turn his head and REALLY look at each intersection tee etc but he just glances and reckons he sees perfectly well.
Well during the quick drive we had just before the test I actually got him to stop the car and said "if you don't turn your head more you will be failed", he seemed to think I was wrong. Apart from that he is a fantastic driver.

Well after the driving test when we both sat down with the examiner he was sure he had passed until- wait for it,,,, the instructor said he wasn't looking hard enough and needs to actually turn his head and LOOK at each intersection. He couldn't even look at me for two days after that- I said absolutely nothing but didn't let him drive for a week and only after a BIG lecture.

Well the first three drives after the test I actually got him stop the car and made him walk home each time I caught him not looking properly, he looked properly after that, and a couple of months later passed the test even.

Sometimes you just know they have to learn the hard way.

The thing is of course, once they get a licence no one is there to chaperone them, they are totally reliant on their own skills and attitude to safety.

A couple of hurdles could well make the newly licenced driver appreciate having a licence even moreso.

You both gave good advice that wasn't listened to, (I was probably the same at that age :) ) - that's where a kid will listen to an Instructor better I think.

I started to teach eldest child, (daughter) - enroute to our paddock I had asked her 3 or 4 times to slow down and that was before we were out of town, once out of town I again asked her to slow and eventually to just stop.
A short discussion was entered into and I received advise as to where to stick the Hilux !!! Her buddy was lying on the back seat laughing her heart out as D 1 stormed off walking towards home.

Never started teaching the other three as I decided they were mentally unsuited to get the most from my gentle(?) manner of driving instruction. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it..LOL

Raining nicely here, started round 1/2 past 12 and then temp. dropped quite quickly with the cold front, MtMoornappa is only 11.1C and Sale 13C.

First lighting of the wood heater for the year.

Latest posts

Back