the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great! No probs at all with it. Just surprised how hard you have to push the ****er!!

It's hard work....ripping logs into fence posts stuffs me totally.

Can feel my back muscles have worked hard for about a day per log...

I need one of those one handed 090's that you can just drag backwards through the log.

Did you rip it down just off centre free hand to get a start?

Nice looking timber too. Blackwood?

Unfortunately quality varies. On another not found Stihl crank case pairs have come down in price heaps and come with bearings already fitted. Has any one here every had saw parts powder coated and at what sort of cost?
at a guesimate from having other thing coated i would say 30 to 40 bucks for the 3 halves. maybe lucky and get it for 20 bucks. ask em if they do cashies/no invoice, their eyes light up a bit more.

It's hard work....ripping logs into fence posts stuffs me totally.

Can feel my back muscles have worked hard for about a day per log...

I need one of those one handed 090's that you can just drag backwards through the log.

Did you rip it down just off centre free hand to get a start?

Nice looking timber too. Blackwood?

the wood came from the Red Hill area. it looks like blackbutt but i have no idea.
my mate made up a timber ladder as such for doing the first cut.

the wood came from the Red Hill area. it looks like blackbutt but i have no idea.
my mate made up a timber ladder as such for doing the first cut.

There's plenty of Blackbutt Red Hill way.

Nice timber, works great for cabinetry and tops.

One of my favourites.

Finally got to use the mill today and had the ported 660 working overtime. I don't think the 8 pin was helpful today but got thru it. Also learnt a bit of how the chain needs to be sharpened. All and all a good day.

P.s the 660 is a bloody thirsty mofo!![emoji15] a tank per board.
Yep they sure are. I don't use my 066 any more for that reason

picked up a new toy today, just add fuel and oil , she,s a runner
picked this up today and its for sale, as you can see in the picks and the video its like new still has the paint under it
serial 113/580062 and it runs like a deam DOLMAR CA 56cc
now i dont know what this saw is worth but condition is really good so any reasonable offer please

picked this up today and its for sale, as you can see in the picks and the video its like new still has the paint under it
now i dont know what this saw is worth but condition is really good so any reasonable offer please

Where not too big on pink chainsaws my way, but one of the boys might like it for their wife

Visited a mate on the weekend the other side of Melb, dragged the polesaw out and we trimmed up a heap of the
trees on his 1acre++ block. He offered me an old saw that a mechanic told him needed repairing, as its heavy for his back he
didn't bother getting it repaired and bought a couple of small chinga jobs.

Drags out a clean 051, heaps of compression :)

Checked it today, needs at this stage maybe 8 x screws in the exhaust cover and starter frame, splashed a little juice into
carby, fresh fuel into tank, turned over slowly to TDC couple of times, second pull fired and couple more idled over nicely.

On/off switch RS and choked it to stop after 15 seconds, to much movement in it all.

Should be a good 89cc saw !

Pic soon.

Being pink, one of them Huskie blokes will snap it up Pete, might as well wrap and ready for post now !

Visited a mate on the weekend the other side of Melb, dragged the polesaw out and we trimmed up a heap of the
trees on his 1acre++ block. He offered me an old saw that a mechanic told him needed repairing, as its heavy for his back he
didn't bother getting it repaired and bought a couple of small chinga jobs.

Drags out a clean 051, heaps of compression :)

Checked it today, needs at this stage maybe 8 x screws in the exhaust cover and starter frame, splashed a little juice into
carby, fresh fuel into tank, turned over slowly to TDC couple of times, second pull fired and couple more idled over nicely.

On/off switch RS and choked it to stop after 15 seconds, to much movement in it all.

Should be a good 89cc saw !

Pic soon.
Nice one Creeker.

You could swing by my place in a couple of weeks if you like, got 3 next to each other that are growing on the fenceline that need to be dropped if you'd like to test your new saw on them. 3 days to go till the move...woohoo.

On another note was going for a walk the other week out in the bush and found a huge box, biggest I've ever seen....out near mt. moornapa. Will take some pics and do some measuring but looked around 6' at the base.

Latest posts

Back