the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been busy lately doing some welding - even got the old and young apprentices in to help:laugh: Mostly made out of recycled steel which was destined for the local tip but was given the heads up in time and hauled it home to be made into the new 6m x 1.5m Mezzanine floor for the shed (got the floor for nothing) came from the reject pile from the local flooring place, it was destined for the tip but my bro sorted a few sheets before it was to be burried.

RzKt6Mpl.jpg

2GOPvLNl.jpg

Also knocked up a few shelves for the new shed to help sort out all the crap I have on the floor at the moment. All this was scrounged from the local tip (came from the local IGA Store which replaced all its shelves etc so I was all over that one real fast. Just need to get some free flooring to make into shelves for it (I know where there's a few sheets floating around waiting for the job.:laugh:

TcA1gv6l.jpg

Even managed to get out and cut a load or 2 of Stringy with a mate.

gr8qp23l.jpg

Even managed to get some road kill venison which was turned into snitzels and Guiness stew

oOgs9Ldl.jpg

NOiOLYCl.jpg

0LejZ56l.jpg

mate rates luv jobs ,asked to help sox a poor form gum sure im on a few days off so happy to help as hes a good fellow.. Friggin tricky canopy 45-55 foot gum over 2 roofs fence windows but he hires me in a 15m trailer cherry picker still any mistake will cost $thousands.
We toiled for 4 hours and got the beast down to fellable trunk no collateral damage yay good show.. As we pack up he pays me $200 as agreed me ropes saws and bandit chipper aww thanks the day was fun & challenge then tells me the best quote was $2000,, aaw hmm oh never mind im still happy to help but i really should avoid ones that expose me to high $$ risk

if i had the coin id buy it off ya. mcbob had all the **** on those.

I have one here complete heap of ****. I got mine cheap sort of running I hit the old man up and he said ya lucky must have the only running one in existence kitties were no good new and recons there not going to improve with age

I have one here complete heap of ****. I got mine cheap sort of running I hit the old man up and he said ya lucky must have the only running one in existence kitties were no good new and recons there not going to improve with age

never ran mine so i can to say but ill trust your word, i just like the way it looks :rock:

yep , i know Bob did , need to find an old dealer or some one with some sales pics or some thing
some one must know about this saw
It's just a solo with atom written on the chunt. Where's chippy these days seems like he drops in just to be a neusance then **** off again

Hey any of you run the Archer chain in 3/8 semi chisel in real hardwood, was hesitant to ask in the archer thread, as I wanted replies from those with recent real experience with aussie hard woods.
Not sure if its worth getting a 100 ft roll for 350, or just get a few loops, or just save up and buy some more stihl loops or a roll of that for 750ish.
Would be running it on a 660.
Some either love it or hate it in the archer thread.

T

Hey any of you run the Archer chain in 3/8 semi chisel in real hardwood, was hesitant to ask in the archer thread, as I wanted replies from those with recent real experience with aussie hard woods.
Not sure if its worth getting a 100 ft roll for 350, or just get a few loops, or just save up and buy some more stihl loops or a roll of that for 750ish.

T
I've run it in HWDs I've found that it's ok if you run it on a good quality bar, if you run it on a low quality bar it's not so crash hot once you get bar groove slop, it seems to wear the chain on one side & you can't get it back to cutting straight again like you can with say Carlton or stihl chain after dressing & rolling the bar groove.
Thanski

T

I have used a few loops of Archer and they were OK for the money but that was in the early days when from batch to batch was a bit iffy.
I always end up back to Charlton chain good value for money.

Latest posts

Back