the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there's bound to be a cheaper option out there but that was just a quick look from someone i know that deals in them might get one from the us at a better price

there's bound to be a cheaper option out there but that was just a quick look from someone i know that deals in them might get one from the us at a better price

Are they actually a certified dealer in Cannon though? I'd think they just import them from the US like anybody else.

Are they actually a certified dealer in Cannon though? I'd think they just import them from the US like anybody else.

gday matt that was just a price of a site that i know that sells em in canada

gday matt that was just a price of a site that i know that sells em in canada

Ah ha. I thought you meant an Aussie guy :cheers:
Freight is a killer on those long bars. Don't even THINK of looking at an international courier. I thought it sounded cool until I saw the USD$500 freight quote to land a 72" bar here from the US. It was nice of them to give me a price on hiring a private jet to deliver it though.

Anyone know where I could get a big Cannon bar to got on my 090?

How big? Want a Tsumura made, Carlton branded 42" .063" hard nose to fit? Wayne (gmax) has one of them from me already. Me do you good dealy.

Last edited:
Loaded up the 4wd for a weekend away. The 4616 is sitting in the back of the vehicle. I think it is going to get a workout as I am camping near Rylstone. I think it is going to be 8 degrees during the day, and probably -8 overnight lol.

Loaded up the 4wd for a weekend away. The 4616 is sitting in the back of the vehicle. I think it is going to get a workout as I am camping near Rylstone. I think it is going to be 8 degrees during the day, and probably -8 overnight lol.

Got your snow shoes Graham? You may need to light a fire under the 4616 to get it to start :)

Anyone know where I could get a big Cannon bar to got on my 090?

are you thinking a westford slabber, if so you don't need a double ended bar, i have one i used years back for slabbing but i used 1 3120.
2 saws will make the job easyer but you need 2 people to work it.
You also need a rail to screw on top of the log to make the first cut.

they are simple enough in design and could easily be made yourself if you saw one.

forgot,,,, you need to run a skip tooth chain, makes it easier on the saw.

Last edited:
are you thinking a westford slabber, if so you don't need a double ended bar, i have one i used years back for slabbing but i used 1 3120.
2 saws will make the job easyer but you need 2 people to work it.
You also need a rail to screw on top of the log to make the first cut.

they are simple enough in design and could easily be made yourself if you saw one.

forgot,,,, you need to run a skip tooth chain, makes it easier on the saw.

A westford would be niece but my Alaskan MK111 does all I need to do, I run the 48" double ender in it with handle that has a sprocket and chain tensioner in it, when you set the 090 up in the Alaskan you can not get to its chain tensioner,

I only run .404 full skip on the 090, what ever cutting I am doing with it,

How big? Want a Tsumura made, Carlton branded 42" .063" hard nose to fit? Wayne (gmax) has one of them from me already. Me do you good dealy.

thanks for the offer, but would like to try the Cannon, supposed to be the ducks nut of bars and so on:msp_wink:

A westford would be niece but my Alaskan MK111 does all I need to do, I run the 48" double ender in it with handle that has a sprocket and chain tensioner in it, when you set the 090 up in the Alaskan you can not get to its chain tensioner,

I only run .404 full skip on the 090, what ever cutting I am doing with it,

Ok, yes if you have an alaskan no need for a westford. i have seen one at a pro agg somewhere but can't remember what they look like.
090, full skip and long bar,,,,,, your on the ball.

edit,,,,hey dallas,,, it would be interesting to stack your genuine model against a chinney saw with the same bar and chain, time the cuts in a big log.

Last edited:
Wiggs thread is a giggle, thanks for the heads up

now, check out the pics in this thread, 090 nutters have a look
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/203655.htm

Cheers
Will

those men are something, the time taken to prepare that top, not to mention draging chains and snapdowns up there and makeing those scafolds 150 feet above the ground .a very rare breed of man indeed. :bowdown:

Got home at 5pm and thought I'll go for a quick stroll with the air rifle. Nailed a ranga rabbit :D
This little turd just sat there flipping me off at about 100m - I crept up and nailed him at about 50m in the chest. The only flipping he did after I pulled the trigger was arse over head...
140720122529.jpg

140720122530.jpg

Got home at 5pm and thought I'll go for a quick stroll with the air rifle. Nailed a ranga rabbit :D
This little turd just sat there flipping me off at about 100m - I crept up and nailed him at about 50m in the chest. The only flipping he did after I pulled the trigger was arse over head...
140720122529.jpg

140720122530.jpg

it's got me beat how that barrel go's back to POA when it is closed

Latest posts

Back