the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BUT what about this one

attachment.php

jeepers creepers! that'd ruin ya day!

Been quiet and busy lately.

Bought a king of the road Landcruiser too. It's a flash one, it's got a wireless eh!

Actually an 05 Sahara with the 4.7 V8 and lots of accessories, like $10k worth of bar work, winch, hid spots, snorkel, drawers, long range tank and lots of smaller things. For a song.... Ie trade price up in Brissy.

Saws have been hiding in the garage.

Found out the bars from Randy are on a slow boat back to the states...... Still in transit :msp_mad: at USPS/ Aus Post.

Think that's about it from me.

It's very quiet here tonight I guess everyone's haveing trouble geting on. I found turning java script off got around the issue

Yes mate, i'm moving everything to my parents property to start again which I inherited 1/2 of some time back.
Please ignore me if you can't be arsed with the following interrogation. I'm just keen to see how others have set themselves up. It's good to get my head around all this before I do something silly like spending $ I don't have on setting myself up.

What sort of milling services do you offer and is there enough work to keep the gear and yourself busy?
Is it contract milling, logs to you (do you take the mill to jobs if big enough?)?
Do you mill on-spec and sell off the lumber and if so to retail or wholesale customers?
Slabbing attachment on a mahoe?
Predominantly gum?
Is there a small-end diameter you won't go below on some gums because of too much tension in the wood?
How does the twinsaw handle tension without resulting in inaccuratly dimensions boards?

I've been building up my stocks of standing trees in case I win the lottery and can flick the switch on a good mill and loader and have found buyers for most of the wood I can produce, but there seems like a bit of an inflection point between the returns on the higher volume gigs needed to justify the full hydro mills and the more nimble and mobile home job milling service.

The other thing that seems to stand out here, is how little a feller earns when they are selling their logs to a mill, compared to the returns the mill guys get. I have tried to go through all the costs associated with owning and running a mill and have spoken to many people about this but I just can't understand why there is such a disconnect here between the two stages of the process. Have you noticed the same over there?

Cheers.

off to see the Melbourne Ska Orchestra tomozza, 30 piece orchestra, taking a 20L cask of 7.5% cider with me. should dull the pain of having to endure 4+ hrs of footy dribble beforehand!

Yup the redirect is back. But turn java off and you will have no dramas. I have all the parts for the 141 now so ile commence the build this arvo over a few stubs

Just testing

I cant upload photos but image links still work, the " Like" button along email notifications are still buggered...I wonder how many weeks It will take to fix

I've been busy with the 141 but not all has gone to plan the crank seals are just rubbish and I think it's got an air leak but I have no vacume tester how ever it seems to start and idle fine even on its sides

All the ingredients

The bloody chinks changed the threads in the crank case so I has to hunt around and find some screws

And ready for its maiden voyage

Please ignore me if you can't be arsed with the following interrogation. I'm just keen to see how others have set themselves up. It's good to get my head around all this before I do something silly like spending $ I don't have on setting myself up.

What sort of milling services do you offer and is there enough work to keep the gear and yourself busy?
Is it contract milling, logs to you (do you take the mill to jobs if big enough?)?
Do you mill on-spec and sell off the lumber and if so to retail or wholesale customers?
Slabbing attachment on a mahoe?
Predominantly gum?
Is there a small-end diameter you won't go below on some gums because of too much tension in the wood?
How does the twinsaw handle tension without resulting in inaccuratly dimensions boards?

I've been building up my stocks of standing trees in case I win the lottery and can flick the switch on a good mill and loader and have found buyers for most of the wood I can produce, but there seems like a bit of an inflection point between the returns on the higher volume gigs needed to justify the full hydro mills and the more nimble and mobile home job milling service.

The other thing that seems to stand out here, is how little a feller earns when they are selling their logs to a mill, compared to the returns the mill guys get. I have tried to go through all the costs associated with owning and running a mill and have spoken to many people about this but I just can't understand why there is such a disconnect here between the two stages of the process. Have you noticed the same over there?

Cheers.

I will try and answer the above in a pm, just able to log in with the help of my son. I am about to give up trying, bloody hackers, nasty (cannot use words i'm thinking for breaches of rules).

Neil, Good to see you figured out how to get on the forum :)... the icons work if I use keystrokes.

This forum is like a Rubik's Cube.

Last edited:
Neil, Good to see you figured out how to get on the forum :)... the icons work if I use keystrokes.

This forum is like a Rubik's Cube.

Just keep fiddling with it eventually things line up in your favour

I just disabled javascript in chrome, now I can get back in here. I spent the weekend building a new pipe for a 3120, only had 2 welds to finish it of and I ran out of gas, now I have to wait to next weekend before I have time to work on it again. Probably a good thing I ran out, was starting to get impatient an rushing things, after cutting, forming and welding 15 fiddly bits together I was starting to loose the plot. Working away from home this week so I can come back to it with a clear mind.

Will

Latest posts

Back