the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy, as already mentioned, the guys that run karts are taking the same carbs and getting them to pull off the line from dead starts, accelerate out of turns and wind out down the straights.

Crikey, if they are using the same carbs to do those different jobs, why can't a tuner tweak his chainsaw carb to give it a bit broader powerband. It might not cut cookies any faster, but it may be a more fun saw to use when doing real work.

Outboard carbs do that as well, made to run smoothly at almost any RPM. The next generation of saws probably won't have carbs.

Rick, all you have to do is just go through a parts catalog of the different springs available for the same carburetor body offered for different saws. Obviously, the factories are doing some testing to set up a carb for a saw - then we come along and re-engineer the whole engine, but not the carb?

I think we are leaving something on the table.

Yep and there is plenty more of them some still standing!

This should make you happy.

oaks009.jpg

i got a few spare white ants i could send down to finish off whats left of that wood

Funny you should say that usually when trees have been down for as long as these they are normally three quarters eaten but of all of these logs so far only 1 has had any in it, there is a bit of rot in the guts of the others, which is standard, but even that is minimal!

I wanted to planet some Swamp Mahogany's here.
We have a low point on the block where water sits in big rain, reckoned they would be the native for that spot.

I would rather see eucalyptus cameldulensis planted! much better tree!

Sorry meant camaldulensis!

Do you mean a plunger type primer?

No, a couple of the Dolmar's from the early/mid eighties used a Tillo carby that when you 'choked' it, a needle valve opened that allowed more fuel through the LS circuit, there was no choke plate/butterfly.
Not sure why they died out, too complicated/more to go wrong for a saw ? although I've never heard bad about them.

Different animal to the modern primer bulb on the homeowner stuff which acts more like a purger.

I would rather see eucalyptus cameldulensis planted! much better tree!

Sorry meant camaldulensis!

A few have gone in ;)

Going to planet some E. globulus. subs bicostata too.

There's some down the road that school kids planted eighty years ago and are absolutely magnificent.

Last edited:
A few have gone in ;)

Going to planet some E. globulus. subs bicostata too.

There's some down the road that school kids planted eighty years ago and are absolutely magnificent.

Nice! Where I grew up on the eyre peninsula there were a couple of BIG redgums left behind along the railway line and scattered singly around town. Across the road from home was a church and there was one on the church block almost directly opposite our front drive that would have been eight feet through at waist high and it was great for climbing as a kid, there was another one further down the street but its first branches would have been 12 feet high (I still used to hang out of the top of it!)

Most of the Red Gums here, and most all on our block as far as i can tell are Blakely's Red Gum (e. blakleyi)
All the big old River Reds went long ago, i want to redress some balance.
The tube stock I've put in so far are going gangbusters, even the frost intolerant ones like the Lemon Scented's, some of which are pushing 20' in only four years and a few harsh winters.

The neighbours below us have a big old gum behind Hanna's studio and I'm going to visit in the morning so will grab some leaves and caps and try and identify it.

God I love the disc I scored off Matt and Al.

Most of the Red Gums here, and most all on our block as far as i can tell are Blakely's Red Gum (e. blakleyi)
All the big old River Reds went long ago, i want to redress some balance.
The tube stock I've put in so far are going gangbusters, even the frost intolerant ones like the Lemon Scented's, some of which are pushing 20' in only four years and a few harsh winters.

The neighbours below us have a big old gum behind Hanna's studio and I'm going to visit in the morning so will grab some leaves and caps and try and identify it.

God I love the disc I scored off Matt and Al.

is that the euclids one from the CSIRO?

Latest posts

Back