the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like 223 tact kool knob,,, no wait thats way to gay... I think your guns got sweet barrel... ugh flippty i give up now :)

saws loaded up off early to prep some race logs for end of march and test a better axe throw set up as last year was big billet Pine round on just a pile of logs

Cool. Nice caliber too.
Didn't need the extra whomp of the 300 as it will mainly be used on the fallow (better eating) and to odd sambar , but there's no flyes on 1159 ftlb at 1000y
and the 7mm is flat enough that i don't need the zero stop as the scope has 24 moa on one rev (at sea level) and this thing only needs 23moa out two 1000.
and the higher i go the less i need.....

IMG_0652 (Small).JPG

just yesterday about 70 clicks out of Melb rural mixed burbs Gembrook Pakanham uppper way i was following a truck going to slow on steep country road then he brakes stops for no good reason i'm muttering about his mothers generosity a big lady sambar dear pops out from beside cab looks at us and then and hoops away up slope

I am. Have been for ages. The worst part is getting the Australian Shooter magazine. A crappier magazine I hath not seen. Complete waste of paper.
I use to be but have no need any longer,
i have to agree Matt,
if they saved print on that garbage maybe membership could be cheaper

I use to be but have no need any longer,
i have to agree Matt,
if they saved print on that garbage maybe membership could be cheaper

Good rainy morning members,
same here, was good thing when I was doing the local range thing, those days are long gone now and so is my SSAA membership.
the magazine did have a few good stories but was just pretty average, I would not of bought it from a news agent.

Didn't need the extra whomp of the 300 as it will mainly be used on the fallow (better eating) and to odd sambar , but there's no flyes on 1159 ftlb at 1000y
and the 7mm is flat enough that i don't need the zero stop as the scope has 24 moa on one rev (at sea level) and this thing only needs 23moa out two 1000.
and the higher i go the less i need.....

View attachment 336323

That's nice,,,, you blokes make my toys look like Junkers.
I am wondering do you ever suffer from that dreaded whetherby eyebrow, shooting 7mm or larger over the bench.

Hey Bob, Whats the blokes name pictured sharpening the twin. I have met him several times, he even gave me a roller tipped bar once when at the Walcha Timber Expo. I cannot remember his name......

This bloke introduced me to his invention "a little dog handle". When he was telling me a lady walked past walking a little dog. He said to her "are sick of walking that dog, cause i have the best thing for you" The little dog carrier had a handle like a suit case. On one end was a loop for placing the dogs nose, the other end had a cork screw for holding the dog in place. As you guessed it, the lady was not amused.

With a story like that Dean and his presence at Walcha timber expo, he can only be one man, bet he has a beard, big beer belly and owns some nice old saws like 90's, lightning's and many more. Can't say I have ever seen his twin, but wouldn't surprise me if he has an echo or solo twin or two.
You should of caught on now mate who he is but its Blackett's mate Phil.

Back