the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
orrrrrrrr now you've gone and made me feel old bugger it
the getting old part happens bloody quick doesn't it ,man **** has changed in the last 20 years

The local toyworld used to sell guns here back inthe early 90's,crazy hey!
yeah now they sell the youth a X-box with a first person shooter game instead

I used to buy my air rifle pellets front he local squash centre when I was about 11 now I can't buy them cause I don't have an air rifle on my licence its a joke

They haven't brought those rules in yet in SA. If Mohammed comes in wanting to buy a crate of 7.62 x 39mm rounds that's when that law should apply.

Now just where o where would Mohammed get a AK-47 ?

Not necessarily an AK. The good old SKS or SKK was a big hit back in the day in Sydney's western suburbs - I highly doubt they all got handed back in. The Bankstown Police Station copped a few rounds in the old days.

They haven't brought those rules in yet in SA. If Mohammed comes in wanting to buy a crate of 7.62 x 39mm rounds that's when that law should apply.

I still have the old type a.c.t licence where I can buy any ammo but its not exactly legal un like like a mate who renewed his recently has all his calibers on it. its got me how they fitted them all on the little bit of plastic. Not that the local shops check you have a licence any way

I still have the old type a.c.t licence where I can buy any ammo but its not exactly legal un like like a mate who renewed his recently has all his calibers on it. its got me how they fitted them all on the little bit of plastic. Not that the local shops check you have a licence any way

Well thanks for letting Mohammed know where he can get his ammo ...........................

Heard a story a while back,gun dealer up north (thats all i better say) was shut down and all rifles held by police because he "allegedly" threatend his SIL with a rifle.Apparently this bloke is a nice old bloke and wouldnt harm a fly,but his now ex SIL is known to police and is a drugged up f wit...but they take his word with no witnesses.Meanwhile the gun shop has been shut down for six weeks pending further investigation and a court case.I no this is 100% true as a cousin of mine is having a hard time getting his rifle realeased that he purchased and the dealer was holding for the cooling off period.Fair dinkum...they take a drugos word over a bloke thats never been in trouble with the cops and shut down his business...what are we coming too :mad:

Well when I was a seven or eight year old my old man came home drunk with a rifle threatening to take out my mother, grandparents along with my brother and sister had it not been for the grandfather grabbing the ammo and bolting well the rest i'll leave up to your imagination and you wonder why I don't like firearms ............................

Well when I was a seven or eight year old my old man came home drunk with a rifle threatening to take out my mother, grandparents along with my brother and sister had it not been for the grandfather grabbing the ammo and bolting well the rest i'll leave up to your imagination and you wonder why I don't like firearms ............................
Yeah i can see why that would turn you off firearms Bob :eek:

understandable mate, but a knife could of been worse or any blunt force trauma can kill just as easy

I used to buy my air rifle pellets front he local squash centre when I was about 11 now I can't buy them cause I don't have an air rifle on my licence its a joke
its funny when you hear of people stashing there sluggy it the wall cavity or they buried it

yeah mate, having a slug gun was like having a skateboard or BMX bike as a kid , just something most had when growing up ,not something thats given up just because of some ruling from the control freak department . i remember getting a BB gun for my 7th Bday and running around shooting starlings of the gutters and playing commando with the mates as we all shot each other for fun . now its all x-box and **** ,and they wonder why kids of today stay inside doing nothing , its cause they cant bloody do anything anymore

yeah mate, having a slug gun was like having a skateboard or BMX bike as a kid , just something most had when growing up ,not something thats given up just because of some ruling from the control freak department . i remember getting a BB gun for my 7th Bday and running around shooting starlings of the gutters and playing commando with the mates as we all shot each other for fun . now its all x-box and **** ,and they wonder why kids of today stay inside doing nothing , its cause they cant bloody do anything anymore

yep

It was April and the Aboriginals in a remote part of Australia's Northern Territory asked their new elder if the coming winter was going to be cold or mild.

Since he was an elder in a modern community he had never been taught the old secrets.
When he looked at the sky he couldn't tell what the winter was going to be like.

Nevertheless, to be on the safe side, he told his tribe that the winter was indeed going to be cold and that the members of the tribe should collect firewood to be prepared.
But being a practical leader, after several days he had an idea.
He walked out to the telephone booth on the highway, called the Bureau of Meteorology (the BoM) and asked,
'Is the coming winter in this area going to be cold?'
The meteorologist responded, 'It looks like this winter is going to be quite cold.'
So the elder went back to his people and told them to collect even more wood in order to be prepared.
A week later he called the BoM again.
'Does it still look like it is going to be a very cold winter?'
The meteorologist again replied, 'Yes, it's going to be a very cold winter.'
The elder again went back to his community and ordered them to collect every scrap of firewood they could find.
Two weeks later the elder called the Bureau again.
'Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?' he asked. 'Absolutely,' the man replied. 'It's looking more and more like it is going to be one of the coldest winters ever.'
'How can you be so sure?' the elder asked. The weatherman replied, 'Our satellites have reported that our Northern Territory's Aboriginals are collecting firewood like crazy, so that's always a sure sign.'

Latest posts

Back