the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's another thing I have found as a trend across the board with new crd utes. Slightly bigger tyre and more aggressive tread and there economy goes right out the window. My hilux pre common rail running 31x10.5r15 Mickey t mtz's and I get low 10's to bit over 11l/ 100 at worst and that's got a beau desert exhaust and steinbauer chip and auto rear locker. I looked at a new dmax because of the better economy but started researching and with similar tyres to mine they where the same or worse on fuel then mine!

Fuel consumption went up 15%? U mean?

Good point. The rest of my post probably covered that error I hope :)

In actual fact it was more than 15%. Went from 9.8-9.9L/100km to 11.8-11.9L100km immediately.

I mean how dare you question my wording and then spell "you" as "U"!!!
Darn young whippersnappers...

2usahygu.jpg

2uvyqu4y.jpg

My play tyres. Silverstone mt117 xtremes 33x10.5-16 they don't live on the trailer just a fun shot. Those tyres and front and rear lockers means there's not much that will stop it

That's another thing I have found as a trend across the board with new crd utes. Slightly bigger tyre and more aggressive tread and there economy goes right out the window. My hilux pre common rail running 31x10.5r15 Mickey t mtz's and I get low 10's to bit over 11l/ 100 at worst and that's got a beau desert exhaust and steinbauer chip and auto rear locker. I looked at a new dmax because of the better economy but started researching and with similar tyres to mine they where the same or worse on fuel then mine!

Depends on how you drive them too. My average economy is at relatively high speeds. On the highway I'm always on 114kph on GPS.
If I sit on 100kph which I had to do over Easter when I assumed a service station was open and it wasn't It will average low to mid 8's. That extra wind resistance and rpm's is a killer.
If you sit on 114kph in your Hilux I'm betting you'll be high 13's or more. The Hilux I had which was the same as yours was a pig the second you started cracking 100kph. I was getting 10L/100km at 100kph and high 13's at 114kph. Guess which speed the manufacturer's fuel consumption figures are taken at?

Well it still gotta be a 100 percent better than that contra you have up on gumtree Scallywag.

Bluey goes to an outdoor show and wins a tinnie. He brought it home and his wife looks at him and says,
"What you gonna do with that. There’s no water deep enough to float a boat within 160 Klms of here."
He says, "I won it and I'm gonna keep it."
His brother came over to visit several days later. He sees the wife and asks where his brother is.
She says, "He's out there in his tinnie", pointing to the paddock behind the house.
The brother heads out behind the house and sees his brother in the middle of a paddock sitting in the tinnie with a fishing rod in his hand .
He yells out to him, "What are you doing?"
His brother replies, "I'm fishing. What the hell does it look like I'm a doing?"
His brother yells, "It's people like you that give people from Victoria and South Australia
a bad name, making everybody think we're stupid. If I could swim, I'd come out there and kick your arse!"

Bob, are you refering to the seized Contra for sale on plumtree Adelaide ?........ thats not mine !

.......And if you can't swim, please make sure you wear your life jacket !

I thought that might have been one of your finest quality saws Scallywag and it started at a super low $500.00 but for today only $350-00 a steal .... so get in quick there gold ya know

Depends on how you drive them too. My average economy is at relatively high speeds. On the highway I'm always on 114kph on GPS.
If I sit on 100kph which I had to do over Easter when I assumed a service station was open and it wasn't It will average low to mid 8's. That extra wind resistance and rpm's is a killer.
If you sit on 114kph in your Hilux I'm betting you'll be high 13's or more. The Hilux I had which was the same as yours was a pig the second you started cracking 100kph. I was getting 10L/100km at 100kph and high 13's at 114kph. Guess which speed the manufacturer's fuel consumption figures are taken at?

Now you have me thinking,,,, what if it was possable to fit a set of those Micky T's to a Great Wall 4x2 ute, what would the fuel economy be at 114kph and would it pull top gear over gentle slopes.......

I had a Great Wall 4x2 ute pass me going home yesterday, I was on cruse control (110) and when I got to the hill just out of Coolongalook he just fell off the pace like he backed off where I simply stayed at 110. Perhaps he did back her off to save petrol.

I've gone from a 29" tyre on my wagon to 750X16 about 32.5" and have lost about 40 kilometres out of a tank but I think its more an odometer issue then actual fuel use and I'm running some home made diesel that will change it too. So today I filled up with normal diesel and have a secondary odometer fitted to see exactly whats happening

Just an update my latest 3 rebuilds and a Mac SP125c

See Neil there as pretty as yours ...... looks ain't everything you know I wonder if Will will be happy now

P.S. The Great Wall is good enough to haul a few crummy Stihl's around
McBob.

Back