the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 13
just back from the small bore range, so what I miss ( pun intended ) tonite oh mowers yeah i got one of the best. Just sorted another young lassy 1st timer is now trained up in shooting skill by end of nite she was racking the bolt & aiming up like a sniper pro

View attachment 351477

Cheat!....you have the racing GT bonnet model :cry:

Hi KiwiBro, I'd be interested to know what exactly is the small GB bar that you have? Cheers.

This in part is the reason why no one will make an .050 3/8LP solid bar over 18" just to keep KiwiBro happy. Sure anyone would be happy to pay for a good bar that lasts, but if the demand isn't there, it's unrealistic to expect this type of bar in anything but a consumer range and a semi-pro range for pole pruners and the like.
SW18-50SR 18" 3/8P Power tech got one of these in the shed... Don't want to use it, was the last one they had. Stihl do one 3005xxx4817

We sell greenfields hand over fist. Sell more of them then either big dog or craftsmans. I have a tractor 11 like bobs above and a e2000 that I put a v27 HP Briggs and shitter on, now Briggs are a company that only want to sell and not back up if I have ever seen one. Nearly 2 weeks after getting up there OEM manager about getting any account to fix a motor we have here and the local rep still hasn't contacted me, hopeless.

I just wish someone would come up with solid, .050, 3/8LP sprocket nose bars in lengths above 18". Yeah, yeah, overpowering of LP chain and the ramifications, blah, blah. Picco is the shizzle but I can't find good small bars at all. Not every freaking small saw owner is harry homeowner. Happy to pay for good bars that last. Apart from the POS GB small bar I have, all my others are Tsumura.

I am not sure if you are looking for small or large mount LP bars. Stihl large mount Picco/LP bars are like hens teeth here. They are available in the UK and Germany, but not in the US. Stihl and Logosol used to sell them here for the 024, but no longer. There is a Picco bar/rim/chain kit in Germany for the 261 with a 16 or 18 inch LP bar, PS3 chain, and the P7 sprocket. They are raving about them on the German chainsaw forums. The secret is the narrow kerf. On all my small mount saws, I switched them all over to LP from .325 if they had them. They cut better/faster. I also have one 026 set up to run Picco.

Have you looked at the Cannon SuperMini bars? They are spendy... but they have Stihl & Husky large mount LP Cannon solid bars with replaceable nose sprockets. This one is a 20 inch on Baileys:

http://www.baileysonline.com/Chains...rmini-Bar-CSM-S1-20-50-3LM-72-Drive-Links.axd

We sell greenfields hand over fist. Sell more of them then either big dog or craftsmans. I have a tractor 11 like bobs above and a e2000 that I put a v27 HP Briggs and shitter on, now Briggs are a company that only want to sell and not back up if I have ever seen one. Nearly 2 weeks after getting up there OEM manager about getting any account to fix a motor we have here and the local rep still hasn't contacted me, hopeless.

They used to be good to deal with back in the day still have a box of brigs tools some place pullers bearings reamers valve spring compressors ect

hint of the week,,, wear your chaps

phew no not me found in my picture files of what or how not to do it

View attachment 351480

Make you sick seeing that just after it happens, then the supervisor has to put all the motions in place to sort it out. Been there and its not nice at all.

I have another story to report, even tho I'm still learning the details of the incident.
A 50 year old man lost his arm and 2 or 3 fingers on the other hand I think Monday this week in a fire wood operation near Wauchope. The man from Sydney had only been working there for a week, just makes me sick that new un trained guys get allowed to be put in these positions.
I have been told more last night on what happened but I'm not going to say that here, in short he was in the ''splitting blocks'' phase of the operation. This fire wood processor in a manufactured production machine, fully hydraulic operation including cut off saw, splitter multiple convenors for sawdust extraction, splits wood etc.
Worst part for me is who owns the operation, trouble will come from this as work cover do their analysis.
Wauchope gazette run a quick story this week on the incident.

I am not sure if you are looking for small or large mount LP bars. Stihl large mount Picco/LP bars are like hens teeth here. They are available in the UK and Germany, but not in the US. Stihl and Logosol used to sell them here for the 024, but no longer. There is a Picco bar/rim/chain kit in Germany for the 261 with a 16 or 18 inch LP bar, PS3 chain, and the P7 sprocket. They are raving about them on the German chainsaw forums. The secret is the narrow kerf. On all my small mount saws, I switched them all over to LP from .325 if they had them. They cut better/faster. I also have one 026 set up to run Picco.

Have you looked at the Cannon SuperMini bars? They are spendy... but they have Stihl & Husky large mount LP Cannon solid bars with replaceable nose sprockets. This one is a 20 inch on Baileys:

http://www.baileysonline.com/Chains...rmini-Bar-CSM-S1-20-50-3LM-72-Drive-Links.axd
Thanks Scott. Was originally after a small stihl mount 18 or preferably 20" .050 3/8LP sprocket nose bar of great quality, so I can keep it on the 241. Does anyone know if a large mount can be shimmed/spacered down to fit a small mount and the oiler hole still working ok or can be bodged to work?

anything can be fabed to fit if your got the knowhow/tools . can also go with some oversize bar bolts and drill out the clutch cover bolt holes to suit ,just a matter of getting the bar grooves to be in the right place for chain feed off the sprocket, oil holes can be re-drilled and oil feed groves routed in if needed to aline

Thanks Scott. Was originally after a small stihl mount 18 or preferably 20" .050 3/8LP sprocket nose bar of great quality, so I can keep it on the 241. Does anyone know if a large mount can be shimmed/spacered down to fit a small mount and the oiler hole still working ok or can be bodged to work?

The issue isn't only the mount or the oiler holes but can also be the bar tail size.

Yeah. Thanks Matt and WidowMaker for pointing that out. Getting a smooth transition is something I hadn't considered.

Yeah. Thanks Matt and WidowMaker for pointing that out. Getting a smooth transition is something I hadn't considered.

It can be done though. Neil (ausneil) has made things fit before. Mainly because he is built like a 100 tonne hydraulic press and can smash stuff down to size in a jiffy.

Latest posts

Back