the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got about 500m3 of tea tree waiting for me on the other side of Winter. I'm going to be a freak'n nutcase by then. A week of not running a saw so far and I'm already pissing the Mrs off. She'll probably shoot me before next Summer at this rate.
That tea tree called "manuka" down here is one of the hardest/dense woods that I have ever burned. When I lived in Dunedin we burned 2 trailers of it a year. It was as close to coal as you will ever get. One night I left the damper open on the fire and woke up hot and sweaty, looking out to the lounge all we could see was a red glow. It was hard work getting close enough to shut it down.

7 or 8 piles of logs all stacked up ready to go, first estimate is 100+ cord of wood

My dad used to talk ''cord wood'',,,,, these days we talk tonnage , m3 or a bucket full and so on.
Cracks me up some times when someone wants some fire wood (some call it stove wood) and I say $40.00 a bucket full, well their brains start working overtime and they say can they hand stack the wood in the bucket, so you park the loader beside the stack and walk away and go back to work, they spend an hour carefully hand packing every little gap they can in the bucket the whole time thinking they are going to get twice as much for the price of 1 bucket. Little do they realise they are doing me a favour by getting rid of it, as I make my money from sawn timber and off cuts and edgings are just something to get rid of. They are happy because they think they are putting it over me.
Worst customer's so far seem to be guys who work in the mines, they have money to throw away and seem to expect it for nothing and then some poor battling bloke or a pensioner will happily give up their last $20.00 to get some wood, that annoys me.
I have been giving away wood to my neighbours as its cooling down now, funny thing is they want to pay for it.

My dad used to talk ''cord wood'',,,,, these days we talk tonnage , m3 or a bucket full and so on.
Cracks me up some times when someone wants some fire wood (some call it stove wood) and I say $40.00 a bucket full, well their brains start working overtime and they say can they hand stack the wood in the bucket, so you park the loader beside the stack and walk away and go back to work, they spend an hour carefully hand packing every little gap they can in the bucket the whole time thinking they are going to get twice as much for the price of 1 bucket. Little do they realise they are doing me a favour by getting rid of it, as I make my money from sawn timber and off cuts and edgings are just something to get rid of. They are happy because they think they are putting it over me.
Worst customer's so far seem to be guys who work in the mines, they have money to throw away and seem to expect it for nothing and then some poor battling bloke or a pensioner will happily give up their last $20.00 to get some wood, that annoys me.
I have been giving away wood to my neighbours as its cooling down now, funny thing is they want to pay for it.

There's some tight fisted arseholes around hey.

Bit of both I recon. And besides none of his saws run so he can't cut his own wood

No comment on the above 2 posts :)

Righto gun nuts and so on,,,,,, what's the go here. I can workout the 20 gauge shot gun, but is the rest a triple rifle ???????

10341608_10152524458802491_495196237727753737_n[1].jpg

No comment on the above 2 posts :)

Righto gun nuts and so on,,,,,, what's the go here. I can workout the 20 gauge shot gun, but is the rest a triple rifle ???????

View attachment 354773
looks like it ,bit hard to make out but the other two rounds look like they read 8 x 57 JRS and the smaller round is hard to make out but it looks like a .30 m1

Back