the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KiwiBro

KiwiBro

Mill 'em, nails be damned.
Really a timing point of view, no point launching a saw in spring/summer. No doubt the US will see them earlier. Our 660's we get will finish up being made soon I would say.
Did the recall of the first batch/s they had up North delay things down here? Did they ever get to the bottom of what was going on with the first ones?

ausneil 1

ausneil 1

Addicted to ArboristSite
ctrock_001_op_800x533-jpg.354968

this thing looks like something out of a mad max movie, more information if you please......

bennn*e

bennn*e

Addicted to ArboristSite
In a Stihl Shop or my shed...so Stihl shop's :)
Did the recall of the first batch/s they had up North delay things down here? Did they ever get to the bottom of what was going on with the first ones?
It's really hard to say. If nothing went wrong they may have still left our launch till later just to be sure but going by the 2014 catalogue we should have seen them winter this year

Bigfella

Bigfella

Love Husqvarna
Well gentlemen and some short asses I know i'm back and got a lovely lovely suntan as well good ol Qld .............. photo's to follow

McBob ................. ps and the huskies got their buts kicked Neil
McBob was frateninsing with the cane toads
Good to see you on the outside of the fence. No place for the yellow and black models up there, or anywhere for that matter. Unless there built by Neil or myself. ha ha ha ha.

Nice stach by the way. All it needs is a man behind it.

Luv you Bob. Keep going back to QLD, I am sure the weather will be better for your health.

KiwiBro

KiwiBro

Mill 'em, nails be damned.
It's really hard to say. If nothing went wrong they may have still left our launch till later just to be sure but going by the 2014 catalogue we should have seen them winter this year
Thanks. Will there be any differences between 661's available down under compared to, say, USA, e.g. ours with different mufflers because we don't have the same emissions rules?

splitpost

splitpost

Nothing but 32:1
The old farm at Gillieston Heights near Maitland ain't what she used to be no more pastures of roaming cows and fighting bulls now just the edge of a spawling city

McBob
unfortunately that's the way this country is,put housing on our good agricultural land and try and grow crops on **** country,its no wonder farming is so effed up now

ausneil 1

ausneil 1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good to see you on the outside of the fence. No place for the yellow and black models up there, or anywhere for that matter. Unless there built by Neil or myself. ha ha ha ha.

Luv you Bob. Keep going back to QLD, I am sure the weather will be better for your health.

viewing quoted post.
Gee bob whats that roll of carpet under your nose,,,,,, its that heavy it droops down each side, so that's your new gal,,,, good show.
Good to see you took the time to look at a saw race.....

WidowMaker_1

WidowMaker_1

if your shooter is for long range 600y+ loupys track like dog droppings there is two that i will consider 1 xy 1 reasonable

nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 or abouve or the sightron s111 6-24x50 both of these scopes have impeccable tracking and excellent HD glass NF slightly better

nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 around $1950

View attachment 354966

sightron s111 6-24x50 around $950

View attachment 354967

it's good to see you doing some research i didn't do enough the scope on me 7mm is good tracking is as good as these two but the glass

ain't as good for ageing eyes if i only was 10 years younger .

the vortex don't use HD GLASS

i will be going for a shot with a 375 chaytac at 2000y with a sightron s111 8-32x56 soon i will let you know how the glass is on that scope .
like this one

View attachment 354968

cheersD
thanks D, ill take a look at them and see what prices i can get locally for cash ....think the 56mm objective would be too high without a check riser thingy? ..unless they have a cut out one like leupold do on the Vx-3L 56mm that fits up on medium high rings.

WidowMaker_1

WidowMaker_1

37011-2014-06-04_05-27-04-PM.jpg

Calibre/Item: Scope
Make: IOR
Model: 4-28x56 MX-7 Illuminated
Condition: Very Good
Price: $1790

Comment: High end IOR Tactical scope made in Romania. Features super clear optics, a MP-8 Dot Illuminated reticle and comes with rings to suit weaver or picatinny style bases. Over $1000 cheaper than replacement value.
Free post to anywhere in Australia.

ozflea

ozflea

Good ol' BP Zoom 25-1

Well what have you built that's got you all wriled up little fella been looking over Neil's shoulder again have you, becareful or your flywheel may just fall off ................ ha ha ha

Bigfella

Bigfella

Love Husqvarna
Well what have you built that's got you all wriled up little fella been looking over Neil's shoulder again have you, becareful or your flywheel may just fall off ................ ha ha ha

Sorry to say Bob, this picture makes you look like a crim. I don't know about you playing on both sides of the borders. You where your'e allowed to play in NSW and its not with us.

My builds lately. I have been busy, but nothing for you to see as you will only try to copy them.

ausneil 1

ausneil 1

Addicted to ArboristSite
here is one of your builds Big fella, I just found this one and it looks like you kicked my bottom on that occasion, ok you missed a little bit of wood but it was still cutting good just the same.
Seriously tho, that saw was a nice build and if my memory serves me right you came very close to winning an Australian Title with that saw something to be very proud of.

deye223

deye223

Addicted to ArboristSite
thanks D, ill take a look at them and see what prices i can get locally for cash ....think the 56mm objective would be too high without a check riser thingy? ..unless they have a cut out one like leupold do on the Vx-3L 56mm that fits up on medium high rings.

i can land a sightron for around $995au to ya door or po box

ozflea

ozflea

Good ol' BP Zoom 25-1
Sorry to say Bob, this picture makes you look like a crim. I don't know about you playing on both sides of the borders. You where your'e allowed to play in NSW and its not with us.

My builds lately. I have been busy, but nothing for you to see as you will only try to copy them.

Don't know about the crim bit had a clean sheet all my life unless its a crime to enjoy saws anyway you stick to tapping a key board which suits you better unless that new extension on the house for all the ribbons and trophys wont get used

ozflea

ozflea

Good ol' BP Zoom 25-1
here is one of your builds Big fella, I just found this one and it looks like you kicked my bottom on that occasion, ok you missed a little bit of wood but it was still cutting good just the same.
Seriously tho, that saw was a nice build and if my memory serves me right you came very close to winning an Australian Title with that saw something to be very proud of.

Well that be a pat on the head Bigfella worth having especially from the fella who trained you .......................... ha ha ha ..... heck I'm starting to sound like burnt out cahoon

Latest posts