the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl 090
Do they still make up ?
Where can ya get um ?
No chingchong copys thanks
Whats the go ?

Still made, just not available for sale here.

One of the big dealers was advertising them only two or so years ago but only for sale into the Pacific islands, not here on the mainland.

Your 880 will outcut a stock one all day, every day ;)

Still made, just not available for sale here.

One of the big dealers was advertising them only two or so years ago but only for sale into the Pacific islands, not here on the mainland.

Your 880 will outcut a stock one all day, every day ;)

Yup, and if you get the chimp to fix you up an 880 it will go even better.

I directed a bloke from this thread here http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/237412.htm to the dribble thread to talk to
Matt, but I'm starting to wonder if he'll cope with the madhouse ?

Have I done the right thing ?

Or should
I warn him off ?

You invited him into the All Aussie Dribble Thread? YOU FOOL!!!

Oh I see, and he listened to you, gee whiz

He's my new best friend forever Neil. Sorry but you didn't get the gig.

You may even get a free cutty cutty chain with your next purchase :msp_ohmy:

Don't try to undervalue my chains Rudy. Ferchristsake boy...

Well, Matt's looked after me Rudi but unfortunately I've discovered there's strings...

Funny thing is that everything you've ever bought from me I marked up 400% and you still thought you were getting good deals.

Next thing he'll be advising and and manipulating Julia and Tony for before and after influence.........

I won't be manipulating any parts on either of those guys thankyou very much Rick.

Matt, you getting any rain there yet ?

Just got back from a 3 day meeting in Adelaide (stayed at the Stamford - feel like royalty as everybody calls you sir). Few drops at my place today but meant to be a few inches over the next two days.

Stihl 090
Do they still make up ?
Where can ya get um ?
No chingchong copys thanks
Whats the go ?

Don't do it. Don't even let your mate do it. Overrated boat anchors.

084 stuff junk and everything

Yup, and if you get the chimp to fix you up an 880 it will go even better.

Hello dribble thread guys!
Hope you don't mind me buttin in here Rudolf but there seems to be a lot of chat about stuff junk and everything going on around these parts that interests me.
I'm serious about sorting my 084 av's out and would like to contact any one with spares for sale. I know parts are getting hard to get but they are still coming out of the woodwork as folk sell off, die, sort out deceased estates, disperse and sorting through other peoples sheds and notice, as i did, a perfectly good 084 sitting under a heap of shed smegma ,swarf n "might need it later" pile. Turned out to be a good score for a few favours to balance up the exchange.
So, regards to all and would like to talk if you have 084 bits, stuff, or info on where to beg borrow or steal.
I've been milling iron bark, tallow n turpentine into big chunky posts for a retaining wall I'm building down the back slope of my joint and have compiled a great deal of respect for 20 year old saws that can still cuts it well. I've got a 660 to do the 3.6 metre lengths as well and am impressed how the 084's hum a little lower but torque their way through at a great pace too.
Hope you are all enjoying the dust of what you're doing with your saws and lookin forward to maybe doing some business and learning a few things from what seems to be a great wealth of how to cut up and get the best out of wood/timber/logs other stuff and beautiful big tree conversions into a chunky big solid retaining wall.

Hello dribble thread guys!

Uh oh. Now you've done it! You'll be trapped here forever!

Welcome old son and don't trust anybody around these parts. I didn't comment on the 084 as I'm more of a Husqvarna type guy in the big saws. 084's have an awesome reputation though, no doubt about it.

The first rule here is that you need to post saw photos and preferably videos otherwise we'll never accept you into the group :D

That deep red wood just amzin an't it. Got me wondering how why what is the chemical compound behind it. Sure its sap keno cellular based or other but what is the source and what function why its present what other properties may it have and etc
Stihlman when you cut a slab how long does the rich color last before it fades to grey left outside via sunlite

Heard a cracker of line this morning.

I'm on top of a ladder inside the local Vinnies installing new air conditioning and a phone rings.

One staff member mentions to a dear little old lady who I'm guessing is pushing 80 that her phone rang.

Imagine a cultivated (landed gentry) accent.

"Oh thankyou dear. It was probably Omar Sharif asking for another date..."

I damned near fell off the ladder laughing. :laugh:

That deep red wood just amzin an't it. Got me wondering how why what is the chemical compound behind it. Sure its sap keno cellular based or other but what is the source and what function why its present what other properties may it have and etc
Stihlman when you cut a slab how long does the rich color last before it fades to grey left outside via sunlite

It fades pretty quick if left out in the sun mate. In Summer it will will fade within weeks if left out in the sun.

Well hello there!

I see im mentioned further up so you will be expecting me. im saw ID help guy.

well, im in the south west, few saws, few toys, bit o this , bit o that.

lookin for a B/C combo for a huski 61 and a echo 750 evl. open to ideas, maybe 18-20" and 20-24" respectively? maybe 18 and 22 would do, i dont cut a lot of big stuff and have access to much bigger saws if i need to, so those sizes or so should be fine. we've got smaller saws here too so pretty well covered there. cutting mainly marri, karri, peppy and jarrah, mostly dry. sometimes have to cut dirty stuff so not sure if full chisel would be worth putting on. the 61 has a 20" on at mo the 750 nothing, as it was a tip find! haha!! wooo hOOOOOO!

also, other than noodling, cutting a slot for a wedge and just going mental on it, does anyone have any usefull ideas on how to split karri? too much to leave out there on the ground! we have a mix but its karri thats got me stumped (haha!) at the mo! i cant afford a hydraulic splitter but will, when i get time and $ look out for a ram and build a tractor driven or trailer mounted one. we dont burn enough to warrant it really so will be a luxury. untill my back gives out.again. tried leaving some in the sun to crack a bit. but it doesnt.

also started a thread on the echo, there seems to be a fixing plate or similar missing to fix the handle/top cover to, anyone got a photo of what it should look like so i can knock one up?

righto, enough babble. back to tarring the chimney. fek.

oh, and ta for the referal and greetings to you all.

bushy

As Matt said it does fade to a grey quickly.
But when slabbed,sanded and protected is fantastic.
This is a Redgum slabb just cut with water on it to bring it out,can get fidleback is some as well.

attachment.php

oh, and ta for the referal and greetings to you all.

bushy

Afternoon mate :) Hey I've got bars here for both if interested. Got sh*tloads to suit the Husky but also have some Australian made GB consumer bars here to suit the Echo in 19" 70DL 3/8" .050". They say 20" on the sticker but alas :D I haven't sold many bars for the larger Echo saws as there aren't many around here.
Got a swag of 3/8" .050" chain too if you need any.

Afew other things about Redgum i have found around here anyway.
The bigger the tree the deeper the red colour.
The big stuff is never really dry towards the centre,the one i felled the other day has been dead standing for 12 years that the farmer can remember and the outer 4'' to 5'' was dry,and the ferther you went in the greener it got.
A standing dead one next to a creek,river,swamp that often has wet feet is crap for firewood.
They grow best in low lying areas where there is often standing water for lengths of time.
They do not like super phosphate.
The fine dust kills ya.:msp_rolleyes:

Im back! sorry Matt :msp_w00t: Thank #### the computers in my cars and the tractors,headers etc i drive are more reliable then this comp.

Heard a cracker of line this morning.

I'm on top of a ladder inside the local Vinnies installing new air conditioning and a phone rings.

One staff member mentions to a dear little old lady who I'm guessing is pushing 80 that her phone rang.

Imagine a cultivated (landed gentry) accent.

"Oh thankyou dear. It was probably Omar Sharif asking for another date..."

I damned near fell off the ladder laughing. :laugh:

It get's better.

Later in the day near closing I'm walking past and hear her say to one of the other staff members....

"I don't mind helping in here at all. It keeps me off the streets, stops me from stealing hub caps..."

She's an absolute card. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back