the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
I got burgled a little while back

so I bought some cameras

productLarge_14050-500x500.jpg

now many of you would recommend that I should have bought something more fatal.

climate, they predict everthing north of the NSW border and up right across Australia will be un-livable within 100 years

That will make my place prime property..... :) A few degrees warmer, and about 10m sea level rise and this house will almost be waterfront.... water will be at the bottom of the hill anyway.

In reality, doubt I'll see it in the (at most 60) years I've got left.

Matty1 you getting any smoke? or is all the hot air from your place blowing it away from you into loxton?

Sorry for the late reply Dave. Not getting bloody email updates on AS for certain threads. There was plenty of smoke here during the week. Dry lightning storm went through Tuesday night and started a heap if fires. On Friday we were totally covered over, very strange and everything looked yellow like the surface of Mars. I was out monitoring for pests in citrus and had to give up as I really couldn't see properly.
It's interesting what media hype can do. We had local business owners sending workers home to protect their homes when their homes are surrounded by kilometres of irrigated horticulture. They had more chance of losing their homes from a 747 crashing on them. I shake my head sometimes. If we lived in the Adelaide Hills etc I could understand.
There were some homes threatened on the northern fringes of the Riverland where they back on to national parks (mallee) but overall the fires probably did more good than harm.

I have a lee as well and its fast but time consuming to set up and not particularly consistent

What ever happened to the days when shooters simply had a case with a little handle soldered on and scooped up a charge.
Primer remover and little plastic hammer, and all done in camp during the day over a log.
Old smelly's rebarreled with sport co 303/25's by smithy, those were the days when pro shooters cut their teeth.

Of coarse its 2014 now so carry on the modern way gents.

Latest posts

Back