the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you lived just down the road I could sell every bit of wood you have. Mine is all gone apart from some for personal use and I don't even advertise. Just family and workmates basically. A potato/onion grower of mine just got a permit to clear a heap of mallee so he wants me to cut it all up and he'll pile it up for me ready for next year. I hate to think how much there will be.
To give you an idea of mallee weight I ran a few loads of split eucalypt (similar to Redgum but not sure of species?) over our certified weighbridge at work and they went between 1.4-1.5 tonne. The mallee went 1.9 tonne in the same space :) It's similar to our Black Box in weight. Dry it won't float so is over 1000kg/m3.

Funny how you can get the wrong impression...i always assumed Mallee would be light....we dont have it in these parts so have never dealt with it.
Is it tough cutting dry ?

Funny how you can get the wrong impression...i always assumed Mallee would be light....we dont have it in these parts so have never dealt with it.
Is it tough cutting dry ?

It can be tough for sure. There are also different species. You can be cutting dry Red Mallee and think it's not too bad then you hit White Mallee and a little bit of wee comes out. I've shot White Mallee with a .22LR and it hardly even marks it - no joke.

Matt might help you more with what there worth mate,and different models.All i no is a mate has one and it really good to look through.
Helped a frustrated mate out today with his .243....wouldnt shoot for shite..turns out he made up a new load for it and it didnt like it....just wished he had mentioned the new load before we spent an hour cleaning,checking scope mounts etc....Also had a shot of his .204..really mild and damned accurate...first time ive fired a rifle for a long time.

It can be tough for sure. There are also different species. You can be cutting dry Red Mallee and think it's not too bad then you hit White Mallee and a little bit of wee comes out. I've shot White Mallee with a .22LR and it hardly even marks it - no joke.
you really need to keep an eye on that wee bit mate :D

Did some reading online the other night about a whole heap of scopes and a number of them, including the Bushnell Elites, are all coming out of the same Japanese factory. There was some very interesting information to be found.

you really need to keep an eye on that wee bit mate :D

There is happy wee and shocked wee. The White Mallee wee was from shock. The hardest wood I've ever cut is Black Box although it was that stupidly hard myself and a mate still swear it had been hit by lightning.
White Mallee takes a lot to get alight but once it's going there isn't too many timbers that will burn for as long and with as much heat. The best part is that it actually splits OK too, apart from the stumps. They are just a twisted mass of nastiness yet highly sort after by woodturners.

Gday Matt , no worries olson hope you had a good time I was just wondering if I included a set of av rubbers in the order for the 044 ?
tar mate yeah

I got a rail for my 7615 and tried to mod it to fit,,, thinking how hard could it be with turret drill with a good machine measure.... i completely stuffed it & found this work needs skills beyond my capacity to get the holes perfect placed,,, others no doubt have this talent but not me i will buy off shelf from now

have dig though here they may have wot you need

http://stores.ebay.com.au/red-star201349/Mount-Weaver-/_i.html?_fsub=679690719

If it's got the old flavor of the month word attached to it then you'll pay triple normal retail.
The magic word is TACTICAL because that means it has most definitely been tried and proven in combat. Not :)
If it's genuine tactical then you won't even be able to buy it as a civilian.

the rings are pretty heavy duty and $130 for the extra wide ...the normal width are 180...go figure lol

Back