the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12" well ya gunna need about 1:2 twist and 10 000 fps to stabilize them :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

but at 1.2 they are right on the sdge at 1.36 and 1.4 being at the start of a good stability factor thats at 3000fps

just looked it up so at 1.224" i think you will be pushing a turd through the eye of a needle with oven mitts on :laugh:

thats the advantage of acp just tell them what length and he will make them.

12" well ya gunna need about 1:2 twist and 10 000 fps to stabilize them :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

but at 1.2 they are right on the sdge at 1.36 and 1.4 being at the start of a good stability factor thats at 3000fps

just looked it up so at 1.224" i think you will be pushing a turd through the eye of a needle with oven mitts on :laugh:

thats the advantage of acp just tell them what length and he will make them.

The old 1:9 twist theory is pretty vague though. It could be anything from a .257" Roberts to a .257" Weatherby Magnum. Even if they don't stabilise too well they should be OK out to 100-200m odd when they start losing too much velocity. As previously mentioned though I hadn't heard of ACP until AFTER I'd ordered the Barnes. I blame you actually :D
What program are you using to determine length vs. velocity?

:D I think you blokes are over thinking this.
Matt a 100 grain ballistic tip would work just fine in the 25/06.

Hey I've shot 1000's of .257" 100gn Ballistic Tips. Bloody good projectiles and still have a heap in the shed :) Just playing around with a few different things. Must be bored or sumfin'. Nailed 3 goats with the Ballistic Tips at 300-330m last weekend and they all went down like sacks of spuds.

narh he's just trying something different but if it were me i would just use the 115 burger VLD or me 7mm

narh he's just trying something different but if it were me i would just use the 115 burger VLD or me 7mm

I was going to grab some of the 115gn VLD Bergers from SARA but they hadn't arrived yet. It is good to play around a bit. I've shot literally dozens of projectile types through the .25/06's over the last 20 odd years. The only ones I ever had trouble with accuracy wise was the 117gn Hornady SST's. They hit hard but I couldn't get them to group very well out of either the Rem 700 or Tikka.

On another note mate I just had an ATI synthetic stock arrive for my No 4 .303 the other day from Cleavers. If you think you had trouble with your stocks you should have seen this bloody thing. Put it this way, I had to be quite aggressive with a 60 grit flap disc wheel on my 5" grinder to get the bastard to fit. It was that far out it wasn't funny. Now it's fitted though it's actually really comfortable and looks good too.
I might get some ACP projectiles made up for the old girl. A full magazine would double it's value :D

Not sure if you've seen this list Darren? I'd assume you have. It's normally in a spreadsheet but I had to convert it to a .pdf to upload here.

Attachments

• g1bclist.pdf
    175.9 KB · Views: 4
and yep the 2217 is good stuff i won't tell you how much i have here ;) some of blokes in the states are getting 3350 with the 25-06AI

(with 115 VLD)

Nah... all you have to do is add the cat to the ignore list here, and it disappears. *poof* XenForro erases all existence. It can rant, rave, scream, and claw, and it will not register. Well, if you do not have Tapatalk that is. It is called several other names on some other sites, but the BS is the same. I ignore it there as well.

yea your right, the ignore feature does work well but then someone quotes a post,,,, then its seen. I suppose if one put every one on the ignore list then the posts are totally hidden, be no fun then as Matt can't pic on me, well he can but I won't see it.

getting confused here, still thinking about that vid Bigfella posted, so very pleased I do not have to witness a repeat of that day again as pics do not tell the real story no matter what music accompanies them.

I wasn't racing that day as I was wood chopping but did see that 1st heat hotsaw run from the side.

He'll claim cyberbullying. We can always launch a counter claim of cyberbullshitting.
Nope. You can quote McFleaz in threads, and I will not see it. XenForo is different than vB that way. McBoob is gone for me on this site. All his posts, and all his quoted posts... gone.
Well to fill you in Mate..bobs posts are a bit like....watching playschool :eek:

Did you guys here about the young guy,that punched a 73year old because of road rage?
What a tough,hero!...gutless pr@#%k
Sorry that sort of thing gets me wild.
Line him up with someone who can handle himself,and he would run squealing i reckon.

I seriously reckon I'd lose control if I saw something like that happen. Unfortunately most modern guys now are absolute pansies and would rather video it on their phone than help out. The thing that amazes me is all my mates my age (40) would come in and absolutely give that guy a hiding. 95% of guys aged 21 would look the other way.

I seriously reckon I'd lose control if I saw something like that happen. Unfortunately most modern guys now are absolute pansies and would rather video it on their phone than help out. The thing that amazes me is all my mates my age (40) would come in and absolutely give that guy a hiding. 95% of guys aged 21 would look the other way.

Yeah mate for sure.I cant fight,but id give it my best shot under those circumstances.
http://s156.photobucket.com/user/Ruger222/media/_DSC0077_zps294366fa.jpg.html

Back