the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giday cuz yeah were kool with you kiwi mob,,, a local will chime in with chain ideas but any good quality chain will sort that blue gum best check ya saws bar chain size dimensions grove & tip sprocket & its rails not to old n flogged out or you'll cut in circles

giday cuz yeah were kool with you kiwi mob,,, a local will chime in with chain ideas but any good quality chain will sort that blue gum best check ya saws bar chain size dimensions grove & tip sprocket & its rails not to old n flogged out or you'll cut in circles

Hey mate cheers yea its cutting nice n straight ive got a nice old freshly dressed oregon bar n new chain. Its just like a bucking bull to hang on too biting pulling just will not cut smoothly the rakers a set on the hard setting with the husky gauge. Green gum is lovely to cut in comparison.

Hey mate cheers yea its cutting nice n straight ive got a nice old freshly dressed oregon bar n new chain. Its just like a bucking bull to hang on too biting pulling just will not cut smoothly the rakers a set on the hard setting with the husky gauge. Green gum is lovely to cut in comparison.

a few decent pictures tooth face - rakers etc could help us as the cause could be many reasons and stone dead gum will exaggerate any minor chain / bar faults

a few decent pictures tooth face - rakers etc could help us as the cause could be many reasons and stone dead gum will exaggerate any minor chain / bar faults

Ok yup can grab some pics later on. All i did was run the file over new chain so what ever the factory has done really good or bad and set the rakers maybe i should have left the rakers alone. Thanks heaps for your help.

Tighten chain till you can't turn it anymore by hand and slowly back it off till you can turn it again.

Max oil flow.

Try now.

You've filed the tops of your rakers flat, round off more, no lower though.

Chain looks good to me though, better than all of mine.

Not sure about the bar though, is it nice and flat with no burrs?

Ok thats easy. I used the gauge n never thought of rounding them afterwards those extra ramps are they bad? Yea the bar is lovely its an old style oregon had just been dressed I got it covered in a yucky grey brush paint and sanded it back to find the old paint. Its 050 I tried a 058 and no go so so cant be to bad. 20180604_103308.jpg

the raker would have nothing to do with the chain shutter in the cut but rounding them like chip sead is a dam good idea all mine are rounderd. i agree with chip about how to tightened up the chain that should stop the shutter.

Hey guys I hope your friendly to kiwis any way im after some tips for cutting big dead for 10 years blue gum I've got a mac pm800 and man its nasty on the av mounts. What sorta chain do ya's run? It runs threw old hard as concrete jara power polls easy and smooth but that gum is hell.

hello and welcome abord.

that chain looks fine so i'm lost to explain your shudder tho saw dont seem to have dog teeth perhaps this allows a bounce to begin..

initiation ritual for a kiwi on here??

dunno welcome anyhoo,,,, maybe we bowl a under arm :) and you can hit us out the park with that sweet vintage mac pm800

Back