The best 2 stroke oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew15

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So i'm not a constant user of my chainsaws but things can happen around the house,like a few trees leaning over the fence or something so the chainsaws can be sitting for a few months and suddenly go trough 4-5 tanks of gas in a day,now i mix my fuel at a 25:1 mix meaning that i put 25 ml of oil in 1 litre of gas but the amount is not a problem the oil is.I don't know what oil i should use.I have Husqvarna LS+,Stihl HP and Stihl HP ultra and i dont know what should i stick with.Any advice?

1 liter is 1000ml .
25 ml is 1/40 of a liter .
Your ratio is 40:1 and not 25:1 .
Instead ,40 ml of 2T oil in 1000 ml of gasoline ,would be a ratio of 25:1 .

Stay away from Stihl HP Ultra .
There are far better and cheaper options from any of these oils you mention .

If you are sited in EU ,I may suggest the Power One Racing
from Castrol at 25-30 ml per liter of gasoline.It is maybe the cleanest burning 2T oil available in EU .And quite cheap actually ,at 10-15 € per liter.Full synthetic ,
JASO-FD .

So i'm not a constant user of my chainsaws but things can happen around the house,like a few trees leaning over the fence or something so the chainsaws can be sitting for a few months and suddenly go trough 4-5 tanks of gas in a day,now i mix my fuel at a 25:1 mix meaning that i put 25 ml of oil in 1 litre of gas but the amount is not a problem the oil is.I don't know what oil i should use.I have Husqvarna LS+,Stihl HP and Stihl HP ultra and i dont know what should i stick with.Any advice?
25 mls of oil per litre is a 40 to 1 ratio mix.

1 liter is 1000ml .
25 ml is 1/40 of a liter .
Your ratio is 40:1 and not 25:1 .
Instead ,40 ml of 2T oil in 1000 ml of gasoline ,would be a ratio of 25:1 .

Stay away from Stihl HP Ultra .
There are far better and cheaper options from any of these oils you mention .

If you are sited in EU ,I may suggest the Power One Racing
from Castrol at 25-30 ml per liter of gasoline.It is maybe the cleanest burning 2T oil available in EU .And quite cheap actually ,at 10-15 € per liter.Full synthetic ,
JASO-FD .
Ok,but why do so many people say to stay away from Stihl HP Ultra?I mean...some reasons?

It's a very-very dirty burning oil.
My own experience has confirmed what was claimed for so long in this forum .
It is a JASO-FB graded oil ,which means that it's standards date back to the late '70s -early '80s.
Modern 2-stroke engines are made with tighter tolerances ,ignition modules are fully electronic controlled ,alloys are far better and the most important 2T oil chemistry has improved by far regarding lubricity ,residual carbon ,hydrocarbon emissions and toxicity.

HP Ultra is an outdated 2T oil.
And unjustifiable expensive.
Most probably is the worst 2T mix oil carrying a serious brandname.
Folks at Stihl should be ashamed not only for offering such product ,
but also for thinking that we're stupid enough .

Please note that all my equipment
are made from Stihl and actually I'm an orange blooded fan .
But neither I'm blind ,neither have
lost the ability to judge regarding the quality of a product.

It's a very-very dirty burning oil.
My own experience has confirmed what was claimed for so long in this forum .
It is a JASO-FB graded oil ,which means that it's standards date back to the late '70s -early '80s.
Modern 2-stroke engines are made with tighter tolerances ,ignition modules are fully electronic controlled ,alloys are far better and the most important 2T oil chemistry has improved by far regarding lubricity ,residual carbon ,hydrocarbon emissions and toxicity.

HP Ultra is an outdated 2T oil.
And unjustifiable expensive.
Most probably is the worst 2T mix oil carrying a serious brandname.
Folks at Stihl should be ashamed not only for offering such product ,
but also for thinking that we're stupid enough .

Please note that all my equipment
are made from Stihl and actually I'm an orange blooded fan .
But neither I'm blind ,neither have
lost the ability to judge regarding the quality of a product.
Allright,now thats a really solid answer.So if Stihl HP Ultra is not the answer,i’ve been thinking to switch to Husqvarna LS+ if thats a better oil?

I really need to start taking more pictures of the stuff I tear into that's been run on ultra. This pic is out of a very low hour blower. Ultra 50 to 1 non e gas. Screen completely plugged. It's very normal to see this issue, and basically just with ultra, well you have the Walmart boat oil crowd as well but I digress. It's junk.

Attachments

• 20230121_151525.jpg
    20230121_151525.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Any opinions on LubriMatic EZ 2-cycle oil?? Made is the US by Plews. Rated for 16:1 to 50:1. Wife got a case of 3.2oz bottles at a rummage sale.

I really need to start taking more pictures of the stuff I tear into that's been run on ultra. This pic is out of a very low hour blower. Ultra 50 to 1 non e gas. Screen completely plugged. It's very normal to see this issue, and basically just with ultra, well you have the Walmart boat oil crowd as well but I digress. It's junk.
Blow torch time.....

Any opinions on LubriMatic EZ 2-cycle oil?? Made is the US by Plews. Rated for 16:1 to 50:1. Wife got a case of 3.2oz bottles at a rummage sale.

Lubrimatic isn't on the official JASO list. I found one ad at a random online retailer saying it was TC/FB rated.

Your saw won't blow up, but I'd pass on running it. There's better available.

Hey now i use the black max oil from walmart and it is good stuff. I run it at 40:1 in everything and my screens stay clean.

Latest posts

Back